Chapter 21: Voice

Start from the beginning

"Hey."

I glanced back at Nathan. They have been sending people down here to talk to me. So far it's only been two. Since it's day 1 of this hell.

"Nathandriel"

"Wow being formal? I've never seen this side of you."

I shrugged and looked report into the wall. "Riley why are you in there?"

"What? My father hasn't shot his mouth off about my capture of Robin."

"You what?!" He yelled.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't tell me you came here to bitch as well. Didn't you see me take her?

He was completely flabbergasted. "Y-you sold her out?"

"So? I'm tired of hearing of this conversation. Just drop it"

"No I can't just drop it"

"No Nathan. You will drop it and that is an order. I don't want to talk about this anymore"

He looked at me and folded his arms. "Brooklyn is my boss."

I snorted. "That witch? I'm surprised she hasn't taken over shield or died."

"Riley what the hell?!" He said truly shocked.

"Why are you here Nathan?" I cocked my head. "It surely wasn't to talk about Brook."

"I came here to see you."

"That's nice, very nice of you. Now beat it" I snapped. "Now, I want to be alone."

"Do you want me bring anyone up?"

"No."

Does he not get what alone means?

-------------------

I heard foot steps. I looked at Robin's cell and she still wasn't dropped off.

"I thought I told the brat. I wanted no one here" I snapped.

"Which one. I seem to harbor alot"

I turn and faced Fury. I scoffed. "What do you want Nick?"

"I wanted to talk to my favorite hero." He chuckled. "Your father has owned up to his mistakes."

"You mean adopting me?" I muttered.

You were never adopted stupid, you were passed around like a hot potato. No one wanted you.

"Riley. You know we all love you like family."

"That's nice. Call me next time you take a childhood from another child." I clenched my fist.

He kept quiet.

Pressure him! I can feel his agony. He's going to crack.

I looked at his face. He remained confided behind his eye patch.

"He didn't just control you did he?" He said speaking. "He is messing with your mind."

Call him out

"The only person who has been messing with my mind is you! For 17 years I've been hidden and passed around like a hot potato!"

You are just a clone of Marcus.

What.....I- Thats not possible. We look nothing alike.... That makes no sense.

"Am I clone?"

He kept quiet.

"Son of a bitch. I'm a fucking clone aren't I ." I kicked the wall and put a dent in it.

"Riley, you are not a clone. You were born like every other child. Don't be foolish. Where did you get that from?"

Riley are you just going to take that.

"Fury if you don't open this in three seconds-"

He opened the cell. "Thats why I was here"

I looked at him cautiously. "I've been watching you since you got here. We need to talk. " He grabbed my arm.

"Let me go!" I yelled panicked. I just didn't want to be controlled again.. I grabbed his arm and shoved him. I looked at him in horror. "Oh my god."

Pssh dont be sorry. After what he has done to you.

He didn't care for it. He gave he such a glare. "Riley...... What the hell is wrong with you?."

You know what you should do?

You have done ENOUGH. Can't you see I'm already distraught. I don't need you. Go away.

Aww that hurts my feelings. But you should say it. And hail Hydra. It would hurt him even more.

Screw you. Just leave me alone. You caught me at a vulnerable time. This will not happen again.

"I didn't mean.... I didn't....." I walked away trying to hold my pride and sanity close to me.  I walked by the lab and took glance at my father. He gave me a smirk and a wink. I had half a mind to go in there and deck him. But I won't,  I have places to be.

"You know if you are leaving. You are leaving Robin." Peter came up behind me.

I ignored him and went into the computer lab. "Riley listen I know what you think you are doing is rig-"

"I know what I'm doing is illegal Peter. This isn't anything new. I'm fully aware on the Robin situation. If she can bring her self back from the dead. Then she can get herself out of prison. Especialy with Sage there." I said logging. I wiped the computers of my information. All my information.

"Where are you going?"  He asked.

I broke my phone, my watch, and everything that was trackable. "I'm leaving New York, I can't... I just can't do this anymore. Every other day something traumatic happens and I just.. forget it!!"

"Are you going to say bye to anyone else?"

"I wasn't going to say bye to anyone. You just found me before I could leave." I said smiling.

-------------------

I smirked when I looked back at the city. I always told myself I wanted to see the world.

And my little voice did say it takes more than 2 years to find yourself.

No, Is what I'm saying to this bull shit. What about your family? Your friends?! Your boyfriend?!

Shut it. Speak when spoken to. They will be fine. Im 17 almost 18 I'll be leaving anyway. It depends. How could you ever grow up, when you didnt have a stage to grow up from.

Wow look at you. Suddenly so smart.

Shut up. No one was talking to you.

Only crazy people talk to themselves.

Then I guess we are both crazy. But then again who hasn't said that by now.