Tag! I'm out. (Chapter 2)

I slammed the door in his face behind me, there was no way that he was getting away with this. He could have told me it was going to be Finvarra and then I would have had time to tell him that there was no way in hell he was going to convince me that it was a good idea, let alone convince me that I had to meet with him outside of command performances.

The door opened behind me as I began tugging the riding gloves off of my hands before turning and tossing them at Raven. He swatted them to the ground and began to make his way towards me.

"Mila you're being childish," he stepped through the heavy doors closing them gently behind him, "Would you stand still!" Raven shouted running to catch up to me.

His hand wrapped around my forearm stopping me dead in my tracks, my fingers loosened from the fist. Looking from his hand to his face we both seemed a little surprised. The urge to throttle him until he passed out was still lingering, I was working on not acting on my first thought. The effort really showed when I had to deal with Raven pulling political cards on me.

He released my arm just a quickly taking a step back, his shoulders heaved heavily as he tried to gather himself and catch his breath. Raven ran his hand through his scarlet hair tossing the annoyingly long bangs from over his eyes, he looked just as tired as I felt if not worse. The look was disarming, and he didn't even know it.

"He's been bothering me for a month now for a single meeting with you, alone. I was able to at least convince him to allow me there." He spoke slowly keeping eye contact but keeping a fair distance.

"Then why didn't you just tell me he had been harassing you?" I tossed my arms out to the sides, I had helped him out with every other single thing that had come up. It was a little insulting that he didn't feel comfortable telling me straight out, I would have been a hell of a lot calmer hearing in advance.

He looked me dead in the eyes, "You wouldn't have agreed if I had told you. I know you Mila, you despise Finvarra. But he has the right to ask for your council, you'll have to meet with him." Raven was being reasonable, too bad I wasn't in the mood to be reasonable or adult.

I went to argue with him more but caught quite a bit of movement in my peripherals. The open courtyard was beginning to turn into spectator stands as people began to peer through windows and off of archway platforms. Raven and I arguing wasn't new to them but it had been at least three months since we had gone at it.

"I want to finish this inside please." I held out my hand, despite being furious with him about Finvarra I still wanted to hold his hand. The complex emotions that filled my head were disturbing and boggling.

He reached out taking my hand stepping beside me, "Hit me and I'll push you into the pond." The grin was devilish and was another one of those disarming looks. It took me a few heartbeats to catch up and find my voice.

"I know where you sleep, I'd be careful" I poked the center of his chest returning his gaze.

Raven rolled his eyes before tugging me to the inner doors, they opened for us without so much as a gesture or word. The pampering was going to go straight to my head if I wasn't careful and kept my guard up. As they shut behind us the heavy wood scraping along the stone floor, another act of wonderful design and concept. I wonder if any castle builder thought of really big sliding French doors, or at least something a little more appropriately sized for the people actually living here now.

As I was caught up in my little monologue internally I let Raven lead us. It was when we got to the steps and I tripped that I was torn from the frustrating thought of trying to clean giant sliding French doors. The smudges alone would be a herculean task.