MMAF: SEQUEL Chapter 1

1: This Lil'Piggy went to Town

Opening the heavy bedroom door, trying not to make a sound, I found a beautiful scene. The midmorning sunlight streaming through the white-blue curtains, the warm orange light cut across the large wooden bed shinning a spotlight on the deep sleepers. Who seemingly undeterred by my original opening of the curtains, lay sprawled over the large four posted bed. Blankets in a tangled mess around half exposed legs, arms tossed up underneath the nearest pillow holding it to the sides of their faces. Letting out a heavy sigh at my failure to wake them I made my way down the steps onto the main floor of the bedroom. Of what used to be my bedroom, before I changed everything.

Jevvinii lay nearly identical to her mother, hair on both looked like an angry kitten had replaced their buns. Unable to bit back the smile I sat down on the edge of the bed next to Mila, who lay with her back towards me facing away from the bright morning sunlight.

"Mila" I called softly trying to wake her up gently, "Come on it's time to get up" I nudged her shoulder lightly, which in turn nudged Jevvinii a little.

Remaining dedicated they both turned their heads and opened one eye, fixatedly staring at me with a mixed look of anger and sleepy confusion. Mila squinted at me before rolling back over and pressing her face into the pillow, Jevvinii mimicked her exactly.

"No its not" I heard Mila grumble into the pillow.

"It'll be noon in an hour, we have a date this afternoon" I rubbed her shoulder rolling her back over to face me.

"If you want to keep that arm I would suggest you stop that" Her eyes seethed with tired rage.

Mila rolled back over for a moment before looking over her shoulder, "How about you go to the date with sir-what's-his-name or whatever, and Jevvinii and I will stay here... sleeping. Because somebody had us up all night" She finished with a threateningly sweet smile.

"It was not all night, Mila you promised you would attend." I wasn't going to let up on her about this. She had given me her word that she would attend and I would be damned if I had to spend another afternoon alone with any of the Nobles.

"You know this is the kind of stuff that makes me not like you." Mila sat up her hair falling in knots around her face. "God, did you have to open the curtains." She grumbled raising her hands up to block the light from burning her tired eyes.

I knew I was running them dry with helping e organize everything, but after what had happened a few months prior the Kingdom was in shock. 'Tainted' had been spotted circling local forest and groves, it was all a mess.

"Just be glad I stuck with that, my first plan involved a lot of ice."

Her dark brown eyes narrowed at me and behind her hand I could see the smile, "You know, you could stay here with us and sleep?" She dropped her hands down into her lap, her head dropping back against the headboard.

"No rest for the wicked." I grabbed her hand pulling her up from the bed and onto her feet.

Jevvinii sat up in the bed scrambling to follow, "You get to stay here, you heard him. It's just the wicked that don't get to sleep. And you my dear-heart are as far from wicked as they get." Mila crawled back onto the bed kneeling beside Jevvinii as she was tucked back in. "We'll be back in time for dinner." She gently brushed her hand over Jevvinii's hair pushing her back down onto the bed.

Mila bounced back up to stand in front of me, normally I would have tried to kiss her, but this morning she was tired and probably didn't want anything super touchy. She took my hand hesitantly, I was grateful for anything that didn't hurt me.