Chapter 2

Disclaimer: Rick Riordan owns Percy Jackson. I do not. Got it? Okay, moving on.

Annabeth's POV

No .No. No. NO. NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONNONONO! That's what was going through my head as I saw him die. Percy, the love of my life, dead. Gone. Forever. What were we supposed to tell Sally? She would be broken. What were we to tell camp? And Nico? And Thalia?

I sat in my cabin on the Argo II, crying my eyes out. Percy's cold, lifeless body was lying in the ship's sickbay. I couldn't bear to see him that way. We reached camp, shortly. There were no jokes from Leo, words from Jason, or sound from Hazel, no smiles from Piper, and no attention from Frank. Nobody.

We all walked out of the ship, Frank and Jason carried a stretcher with a covered body on it. The two camps that we brought together, (A/N just go with it.) were yelling and screaming. "Where's Percy?" "Do we have to go to war?" "Can I have a hamburger?" I was breaking. Finally, Chiron and Reyna came up.

"Chiron, we need a shroud." I said, loud and clear. "A shroud for a son of a sea god." Chiron uncovered the body on the stretcher. Percy lay, silent and peaceful, eyes closed. Eyes that I would never see again.

- AT THE SHROUD BURNING,THAT NIGHT -

We were at the campfire, burning a beautiful sea-green shroud. Sally had made it. We had invited her into camp for the funeral. The hunters were there. All the gods and goddesses were there, too. Nico and Thalia were like glass, now. Seas were rugged, there was no moon. Tomorrow, would be cloudy. There was rain. All gods and goddesses were sad. I said a few words. Almost everyone did. We were all mourning for the best hero to ever live. Camp activities would be cancelled for at least a week. Nobody spoke. Except for Octavian. We kicked him out, though. I was crying, silent waterfalls streamed out of me. At the end of the funeral, Nico conjured up Percy's ghost. He told us to move on, and that he'll be waiting. I missed him SO much. Nobody could help me now.

All week, nobody came out of their cabins, except to eat. I stayed in the Poseidon cabin for 3 days. We all wanted him back. But that would never happen. Ever. Nope. Nope. And we cried, and cried, and cried.

DEDICATION: I_ZAP_U