Coincidence

Chapter 10

She don't need my permission
Born in 1988
My new addition
Singing, can you stand the rain..
I need somebody, who can stand by me
Hold up! shut up!
Who the fuck am I kidding?
That's that deuce ain't talking
Hold up come back
I'm just singing
This can't work, go figure
First girl I met that ain't a gold digger
Can I love a stripper?
Can I bring you around my niggas?
Sean, Chris, Pusha my niggas
Will I have to defend you?
To be continued...

Confessions Interlude (Part 2)-August Alsina ft. The Dream

D E M A R I E

God, why is this happening to me? What did I do wrong to deserve this? Where am I going to go? I have Layla to provide for..something I can't do on the streets.

Holding back tears, I walk back to August car, getting Layla out the backseat.

"Wait ma, what's up. I thought we was going to eat?" August says.

"Maybe another time. Right now is not a good time." I say. My voice was cracking.

"Wait ma, what's wrong." He asked, concerned.

"Nothing, bye." I rushed back to my apartment, shutting the door in his face. Afterwards, laying a sleeping Layla in her bed then walking into my room.

Reaching in top of the closet, I grabbed the small wooden box that I really need at this moment.

Sitting on the bed, I opened the box, pulling out the freshly rolled Kush blunt and my lighter.

I lit the blunt, ignoring my ringing phone, putting it to my lips, inhaling. That's when the real tears began, flowing.

Ignoring another one of August 100th+ calls, I called Bria.

"Hey D."

"Hey, um I need a favor?"

"Wassup? You know I'll do anything for you." She says.

"I know. Um, I was wondering could me and Lay, stay with you for a while."

"Yeah. Why tho--Nevermind, we'll talk about when you come."

"Okay, thanks boo. See you tomorrow."

"Mhm. Bye." I could see her nodding as if I could see her.

"Bye." I hung up, lying my phone down on the dresser, beside me.

-

-

-

After sending my furniture to storage, I was on my way to Bri house. She stayed in a two-bedroom condo.

After getting me and Layla things, we get on the elevator riding to the third floor. I knocked on the door; it opened revealing Bria. She let us in. Sitting our stuff by the door, Layla sits on the floor playing with one of her 'new' toys, while me and Bri sat down on the couch.

"So, you are going to tell me, what happen?"

"Damn. You couldn't wait to ask, could you?" I say, jokingly. She shrugged.

"Nosy self." I mumble.

I told her everything that happened, except about the part with August. I already feel bad.

"See, if I was you. I would've cussed that police officer out, talking 'bout 'have a nice day'. He could kiss my ass." Bria blurted.

"Sshh. Layla is right there."

"Oops, my bad. But you know, you welcomed here as long as you need to."

"Thanks, I appreciate it." I say, sincere.

"No problem."

A U G U S T

It's been two weeks since I seen Demarie. The last time I saw her was when she slammed the door in my face. What a nigga do? I went over to her apartment, but she moved out. Like, what the fuck? I'm not finna be stressing over no female.

I was on my way to my homie, Vonte' house to chill. Walking out the the door, I see my simple ass ex Naya waiting for me. I groaned. Ion hit females, but she trying me.

"Mane, what you doing Naya?"

"I came here to see you."

"Stop. Don't even go there with me. I then told yo' simple self, I don't want ya, ma." Opening the car door," Oh and shorty? Do me a favor."

"I'll do anything." She plead.

"Be gone and stay yo' thirsty ass away from me." Her smile dropped. I chuckled.

Remind me to get extra security.

Knocking on the door; it opened revealing Vonte'.

"Aye! Wassup, August?" He gave me a quick dap, letting me in.

"Nothing much, mane." I reply, plopping down on the couch. He sat across from me on the other couch.

"So, where you been at? You been M.I.A for the last few weeks."

"Mane, I been kicked backed, just chilling."

"I feel you." Vonte' agrees. "Aye, what happened to the chick from the club, you was trying to holla at? What's her name.."

"Ion even wanna talk about it."

"You ain't get her name? She dissed you or some?'"

"Nah, man. Her name is Demarie, she been tripping late."

"Wait, hold up. Demarie? Short with tattoos?" Vonte' questioned. Damn, I hope he ain't fuck with her before.

I nodded. He walked off, coming back with a picture in his hand. "This her?" It was a picture of her and Layla.

"Yeah, that's shorty. How you know her?

"Homie, that's my girl sister." He started, laughing.

----
What a coincidence?

Thoughts?

COMMENT. Vote. COMMENT Please.

-

Next update (12/26) Thursday.