Frustrated

I woke up to the banging hits on each drum piece. It's been the usual for me.

"Thom, ang aga nyan." I complained. He's been practicing or learning non-stop since I couldn't play anymore.

He didn't hear me.

"Thomas!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.

Nothing.

He kept forcing harsh rhythms and speedy stints. From 8 beats naging harsh shuffles na.

From the noise he made, I felt as if the room is about to burst. As if he's about to burst, releasing his anger and frustration through the drums.

The movements reverberated around the room. I can't see him like this.

His hands bled pero he just wouldn't stop. I made my way in front of him, pero nothing. He simply continued.

"Thomas, Tama na please." I pleaded.

Nothing.

Out of desperation, that's when I thought of crashing the vase. It's always been our cue na galit na ako.

*crash*

He looked up, frozen.

"I'm sorry babe. I'm sorry" He pleaded in tears. Nonstop.

Although, I'm drowning in my own tears as well, I made my way to him.

I caressed his face, and he closed his eyes. 
I bowed my head towards his shoulders.

He remained still. We remained still for a few seconds.

I held his hands and as if naramdaman nya na yun, he walked towards the medicine cabinet and aided himself.

I stared at him. He kept on shaking his head, trying to supress the tears.

It's okay, it will be okay babe. Promise.

Perhaps he felt my sharp stares. He covered his face with his injured hands, and eventually grasped his hair in frustration. 

"I can't go on Ara. Not any longer."

I watch his eyes betray him, as tears escape with more freedom, but I just can't take my eyes off of his hands. It's all bandaged, but I can see the depth of the wound. He's all bandaged, but I can still see the scars.

He probably couldn't afford standing there so he let his feet slide and eventually, he sat down in front of the cabinet, all tucked in like a child.

"I miss you Ara. I miss hearing you play the drums. I miss jamming with you. I miss everything about you babe." He let out small tears.

I guess, after what happened, we were never the same. He's not the same, and I'm definitely not the same.

I hugged him but it's the usual, my arms remain hungry for his touch.

He stood frozen, and directed his eyes to the terrace.

I closed me eyes, envisioning what he remembers.

"Araaaaaaa. Nababasa ako!"

I placed the gardening hose nearer to him, and giggled.

"Araaaaaa. Ayaw mo talaga ah?" He asked. I shook my head.

He leaped towards me and carried me.

"Ano ayaw pa? Sige, basain mo ako. Mababasa ka din naman e." He smirked.

"Ako pa tinakot mo!" I pinched his nose, and kissed his cheek.

"Ayan na naman sila oh! Araw araw atang kumakain ng matamis, kaya ayan! Inuugali" Kim interrupted our scene.