Author's Note

Ahem. Hi. Hello. Hello.

Welcome, and thank you for taking the time to click on my story!As this is a fantasy book, it will contain violence, blood, dragons, and possibly strong language. I'm not the sort of person who likes to see swearing in writing - I think it's overused and just a way for people to try and seem 'cool' when other words are perfectly suitable - but of course, if context allows, then yes, strong language will be used.

So a little bit of backstory behind my, er, story.
I had the idea for The Dragon Bearer way back six years ago when I was nine and decided I wanted to be an author. The original story featured a girl called Lucy who was asked by her teacher to get some books out of the cupboard and ended up being sucked into a strange world.
(Original, amirite?)
The story has been adapted and changed, moulded like modelling clay over the years until last year, when I sat down in front of my laptop, cracked my knuckles, and announced, "RIGHT. I'M GONNA PUBLISH SOME SHIZ."
Lucy became Eleri, a snarky, stubborn fifteen-year-old who created a world using her own oddly shaped birthmark as inspiration. The plot stayed more or less the same, full of epic sword fights and magic and dragons.

Though I am still writing the first draft and constantly changing things in earlier chapters, I'm hoping to one day properly publish The Dragon Bearer. It's got to the point where I'm so full of myself I'm already imagining it as a movie.

So go forth! Embark on your journey into Eleri's world, battling dragons and sorcerers and no internet!
If you're enjoying the story, would you be so kind as to drop me a little star and a comment?

Thanks!

~ Your Friendly Neighbourhood Fangirl