Part Six

I sat down at an empty table near the window and ate my food slowly, while thinking of a way to fix everything.

"I go back to the day she died and try to save her, someone dies. I go back before she's murdered, someone dies. What am I supposed to do?" I sighed.

"That's life. People die." The guy with the black suit appeared in the seat across from me.

     I heard a bell as someone walked into the place.

"Looks like you got company." He said as he disappeared.

     I looked up to see Christina's murderer coming and sitting in the same seat the guy was in.

"I want to thank you." He said as I took another bite.

"What?"

"I did it."

"Did what?" I asked.

"I took your advice. Instead of killing Christina, I killed her boyfriend instead."

     My eyes widened. I looked at him angrily.

"I did not tell you to that." I shouted at him.

"But I let her live. She can be happy. And soon, some day, I'll find her and sweep her up off of her feet."

     I felt my blood boiling. I stood and grabbed him by his shirt and pinned him against the wall.

"I told you that if you loved her you wouldn't hurt her in any way." I said angrily as I bumped him against the wall.

"I tried to let go. I can't. You understand right?"

     Before I could do anything else, the manager of the restaurant ran up to us.

"Is there a problem here?" He asked.

"Yeah." I let the guy down and reached into his pockets to pull out a bloody knife and a gun "He murdered someone."

     Two of the employees grabbed him by his arms and escorted him outside as he screamed that he was innocent.

"You did the right thing." The manager said to me.

"I hope so." I exited the restaurant after paying for my meal and headed to the park to do some more thinking.