Him Again

After a year long of school it was time to say goodbye to high school.

"Can you believe today is the last day of high school?" Emma asks as we walk over to the back of the school during lunch.

"I know! The day has finally come."

On our way down the hall, we were greeted by almost every one.

Since Prince and Denise left for L.A, they both blew up which has changed everyone's behaviour towards me.

Prince went on to release his 1999 album which rapidly climbed the charts.

It was such a huge success that it gave him the commercial break his been looking for.

His music is constantly playing on the radio along with Michael Jackson's new material which made history.

Prince's success is not really surprising.

Denise's on the other hand...

She's now part of a sleazy girl group called Vanity 6.

They basically sing and dance around in lingerie.

Their hit song Nasty Girl has become strangely popular.

Dad had a huge problem with it when it first got released.

Who can blame him really?

He hears about the perverted things his coworkers have been saying about his own daughter.

He comes home sometimes really angry about it.

It usually ends up blowing up at home with my mom and him fighting.

We pushed the exit doors and leaned up against the rough brick wall.

Emma pulls out two cigarettes and hands one to me.

She lit mine first and I lit hers.

Okay so it's obvious by now that I've picked up a few bad habits while hanging with Emma.

I'm not too proud of it but it's been helping ease the stress of exams and problems at home.

"So what's up with you and Jackson?" She asks after exhaling smoke.

"I don't want to hear his name right now."

"Is he still trying to pressure you into sex?"

"Yeah. He's still threatening to find another girl. He thinks I'm not putting out because he's not the one."

"Well is it true?"

"I don't know. I'm just not ready. It's not right that he's putting this kind of pressure on me though. I'm constantly worried he's cheating."

"Well if it's causing you this much worry then you do care about him."

"My feelings have grown for him but that doesn't mean I want to spread my legs for him."

"I get it. I think he's just bluffing. He's crazy about you. Believe me. Shawn told me."

"I hope so."

The bell rang once we finished smoking.

"See you after class", she says as she headed to her locker.