Chapter Twenty Eight♥

Start bij het begin

"I don't sound like that!" I snapped defensively, "And I wasn't mad at him for six years!"

"Could have fooled us!" Edward sniggered, a smile gracing his lips for the first time since we had been in this room.

"I bet you don't run away and cry when he kisses you now." Rebecca teased, giving me an over exaggerated wink.

It was my turn to blush then, "Shut up."

It was as if that five minute banter between everyone had loosened the tension. We had all began to relax, our posture become less defensive and we were now facing each other instead of shying away.

I found myself looking at Violet, she met my gaze and her smile faltered slightly. We had apologised and tried to put everything that had happened behind us but I knew deep down we were both hurt. I couldn't forget the way she looked at me at Miles's bonfire, the look of hatred as she wrapped herself around Jared; the boy she knew I had feelings for, but I knew she knew exactly how she was making me feel, because she believed I had done it to her first with Edward.

"I'm sorry." I whispered; suddenly feeling tearful, "About everything Violet, I never meant to hurt you."

Violet stared at me; her own eyes growing glassy, "I'm sorry I blamed you. I shouldn't have done that." She wrung her hands together and took a deep breath before blurting out, "I'm so sorry I was such a bitch, I know you didn't kiss Edward, it just broke my heart a little bit," She chuckled softly and shook her head while Edward looked up, his eyebrows furrowed, "I'm sorry I acted like a bitch again at the bonfire, you didn't deserve what I said about you."

"It's ok." I reassured her, "You were hurt. But we should never treat each other like that again. We've been friends for years Vi, and in a few weeks we were acting as if we hated each other."

"It won't happen again." Violet stated firmly.

"You were heartbroken?" Edward questioned quietly.

Violet's head snapped in his direction; as if she had forgotten that Edward had been in the room. She shuffled her feet slightly and cleared her throat. Rebecca, Lucy and I exchanged a glance. Was Violet finally going to tell Edward how she felt?

"Edward...I...." Violet stuttered, her face growing redder and redder every passing second. I bit my lip to restrain myself from squealing, this was the moment we had all been waiting for, Edward was finally going to know, he- "I was just drunk."

"Really?" Lucy grumbled under her breath.

Edward gave Violet a strange look before he slowly nodded, "Right ok. At least I wasn't the only one." He smiled and reached out to nudge her, "Hey at least we can be the alcoholics of the group together."

Violet let out a short fake laugh and avoided the eyes of the girls in the room. It was up to Violet if she wanted to tell Edward how she felt; she would tell him when she was ready. Normal chatter took over and eventually all of the tension evaporated, it seemed that Lucy knew best and we had needed an intervention. We decided on the budget of our secret santa and that we would put names in a hat to decide who would buy whose present.

"Hey, do you have P.E next?" Rebecca questioned me as we all piled out of the classroom once the bell had rung.

I grimaced, "Unfortunately!"

"Hey at least cross country is over." Rebecca grinned, "I think we're doing netball now."

This cheered me up slightly; I actually liked netball. People underestimate me because I was small but I had always had a knack with the sport, I could move fast and snatch the ball when it was thrown low.