Chapter 2

"Leia, meet Christian Grey."

Christian Grey.
Christian Grey.
Christian Grey.
Christian Grey.
Christian Grey.
Christian Grey?
Christian GREY?
CHRISTIAN GREY?!

Oh my gosh, Yang please slap me right now. I must be daydreaming again. Oh dear no!

"Leia?"
"…"
"Umm, earth to Leia?" I snap back to my senses as someone calls my name, it turns out to be Sir Clove.
"Y-yes sir?" Sh*t. Stop stuttering!
"I would like you to meet Christian Lawrence Sky."

CHRISTIAN LAWRENCE SKY. What a relief!

"Uhm… hi!" Stupid! That's all you manage to say?
"Hello." He smiles so genuinely once again and holds out his hand to me, I'm starting to think that everything is just a dream. I stare at his face, then at his hand, then right back at his face--
"Ehem…" Sir Clove clears his throat and that seemed to have stopped my trance, I quickly take Christian's hand in mine and hope no one ever notices the faint color of my cheeks.
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Grey."
"No, the pleasure is mine." I reply in a flash, making Christian giggle.

Oh, I'd love to hear that again.

Wait…. whaaaaat?!

"So, the both of you are extremely good in music and it seems like fate had it in a very peculiar way, that the instruments you play greatly compliment each other." Christian and I nod in return, completely agreeing to what Sir Clove had just said.

"Since this is the case, I would like to ask you to play 2 songs for this year's Acquaintance Party, one of the biggest events the school organizes every year. This time, I am in charge of the program and all the performances."
"Sir, are you sure? This sounds like a big event." Christian quickly responds.
"You've never heard the two of us play together, Sir." I added.

"Oh, c'mon. Are you two seriously doubting your talents? I have very high standards, if the two of you must know." Sir Clove plays with a stray strand of hair that came across his face, before tucking it behind his ear. Oh, did I forget to tell you? This teacher of ours has long, beautiful, blonde hair. And when I say long, very long.

"And when those standards are met, I don't let them go to waste. I can see what you're capable of. Believe me, I've been doing this for 10 years now - discovering potentials. And let me tell you, I see very big potential in the both of you." Christian and I look at each other warily. I raise an eyebrow at him and he shrugs in reply, earning Sir Clove a sigh of defeat from the both of us.

"That is a yes. Oh, I'm so excited!"

---
During rehearsals

"Aish! Sir Clove is such a killjoy!" I whine while opening my violin case, getting a loud chuckle from Christian.
"I don't know about you, but I like it." My heart skipped a beat at his words.
"I-I… I didn't m-mean it like that! I was talking about lying on the sofa and watching dramas all day! Hehehe…!" I turn to him after attaching the shoulder rest to my violin and adjusting it to get the position I prefer most.
"Of course you didn't." Christian smiles one more time, one of those pleasing eye smiles of his, before positioning himself at the piano bench.
"I guess this room will be our hangout till next month, huh?"
"It's not so bad in here. I'd rather play the piano all day than put up with all my misery in math class."
"You hate math?" I ask him almost reflexively, after hearing the subject.
"I was never good with numbers."
"Well, music is still math. Pianists are like human metronomes! Every beat is perfectly calculated."
"How I wish it was that easy in math class!"
"Oh, don't be silly! Math piques my interest!"
"You know…" He turns to face me and our eyes meet. I could feel myself get lost in those deep orbs, but no. I have to collect myself today. I must focus. "-you're the first girl to tell me that math is interesting in like, 5 years."
"I can't help it, Mister Sky. I am just as unique as my name."
"How about tutoring me for math then? I know it's quite embarrassing, coming from a Class A student, but I really need help with it."