“Yea, she’s coming in a bit to remove this fucking bullet.” Fatty hissed.

I assumed Amberley was the female from the night at the ball.

“George, make sure she doesn’t do anything to her.”

“I don’t care; she deserves whatever she gets from Amberley.” Fatty spat making me wince a little. I was now afraid of Amberley. I had no idea what she was capable of, or how she would treat me. I assumed it wasn’t good.

“Maybe she does George, but what about the king?”

“I don’t give a rat ass about the King! He won’t do anything.”

“What about Jay?”

My ears perked up at the mention of ‘Jay’ who was he-or she- and why did they matter?

“I’m not the one that harmed her…It’d be Amberley’s fault.” I could hear the smirk in ‘George’s’ voice as he spoke.

“Didn’t he put you in charge though?”

“George! Did Walter get-“ I heard a silky smooth female ask as soft footsteps approached me from behind. “-Good job letting her go Walter.” She hissed as she flicked the side of my head roughly.

I groaned -that really hurt- and decided it was time to finally ‘wake up’.

Mumbling and wincing slightly, I opened my eyes.

“Where-“ I mumbled before I froze and looked fatty straight in the eyes as my face washed over with dread.

I really deserved an Oscar….

“Why can’t you just let me go?” I shouted and squirmed around, attempting to get out of the bind around me. I didn’t really try though. The kidnapper/cop -who I now knew as Walter- had actually tied the rope really loosely; looser than before anyway.

“Shut up you whore.” Amberley hissed as she punched me-quite roughly might I ad- on the side of my jaw.

I winced as my jaw clenched, and I knew I’d be getting a massive bruise there.

“Amberley-” George scolded. “-don’t do that again, you know Jay’s orders.”

“Whatever.” She rolled her eyes. “How’s your leg?”

“In pain.”

“Walter, help me carry him to the bathroom. The medical kits still their right?”

“Yea.” Walter answered as he quickly looked at me with a blank expression before helping George up as they walked out of the room with Amberley following behind.

As soon as they were out of sight, I couldn’t hold my emotions in anymore and burst out into tears.

I had been confident before I would out Walter was a cop. Now that I knew who he was, I knew nobody would come and rescue me.

This was all part of the plan –I was part of the plan- and I couldn’t leave until they caught the person behind this; Jay.

I was stick here and couldn’t do anything about it.

I didn’t even know what would happen to me! Walter was supposed to look out for me in a weird way. Yet, he never did anything of the sort, no, he had just watched as Amberley hit me, and watched when I had been slapped by George the day before that.

Not to mention my face seriously hurt.

I can’t believe she punched me!

I’m the princess! How dare she!

I yawned.

Time seemed to slow down, and I decided there was really no point in staying awake, so I closed my eyes and went to sleep in the most uncomfortable position ever.

“Princess Elise,” someone called out my name softly “Wake up, Princess.”

I stirred gently in my sleep, willing them to go away before my sleepy haze vanished.

Something cold was pressed against my jaw and my eyes shot open in alarm meeting Walter’s green orbs.

“What are you doing?” I asked him cautiously.

“Helping.” He said pressing the ice-pack on my jaw once again.

“Now you decide to help.” I mumbled, moving my head away from the zip lock pack.

“Stop being stubborn.” He grabbed my chin softly, holding my face still as he once again pressed the ice to my aching jaw.

“Don’t tell me what to do.” I hissed trying to jerk my face out of his grip.

“I won’t tell you what to do if you actually do it.” He said.

Apart from the fact that what he said didn’t make much sense I chose to ignore it. “What about when Fatty and Agro see. You’ll blow your precious cover.”

“I’m meant to protect you from harm. I don’t really care if they find out as long as I do my job.”

“Well, so far you haven’t been doing good at your job.” I hissed.

“You haven’t made it easy.”

“Is that so?” I asked raising my eyebrow. “Well my apologies Walter,” I spat his name, “your right, even though I’ve been kidnapped by a fat man and a girl with anger issues, I should have been more considerate of making your life easier. Who cares about me right?”

“I didn’t mean that.” He said softly, removing the bag from my jaw to look me in the eyes. “But would it be too much to ask for you to bite your tongue a bit and keep your mouth shut?”

“Yes! I’m not going to be a pathetic girl who can’t stand up for herself!”

“Oh, so is shooting someone and getting punched better than being quiet?” He asked, his voice rising.

“At least I have the balls to do something about it.” I spat.

He didn’t say anything. Instead he just glared at me, pressing the ice back to my jaw rougher than before.

I winced, not like he cared anyway.

I knew I should apologies for going off at Walter. Sure he hadn’t done anything to stop Amberley from hitting me and I knew he couldn’t without arousing suspicion. I also knew that if I were in place, I probably would have done the same thing he had. But I just couldn’t get myself to say the say the word.

I was horrible when it came to apologies, I was stubborn and would never admit I was wrong, it was who I was.

So I sighed and let him put the ice back on my jaw.