Chapter Three

Chapter Three

"So are you going to tell mom and dad?" Joslyn said flopping back on her bed.

Tiffany took a deep breath; she had been this age not too long ago. "I won't as long as you have this all cleaned up by Sunday when they come home. And I mean spotless." Walking over and sitting on the edge of Joslyn's bed.

Joslyn sat up with a huge smile plastered to her face. "Tiff you are the best sister ever."

"Yeah well life's too short to be so uptight." Having Sophie around was a constant reminder to not sweat the small stuff "So tell me who's that boy." Tiffany said brushing off the complement.

"Well his name is Stiles and I don't know it just happened." She giggled looking down into her hands.

"Yeah I saw that. He seems like quite a character. Does he go to your school or did he just hear about your rager?" Tiffany asked as the bass of the music below caused a moderate vibration. 

Downstairs Sophie was still in the kitchen catching up with Tyler and Preston. "Soph come on lets have at least one shot for old times sake. I mean if you're not going to fall in love with me you could at least take a shot." Tyler said as he placed two shot glasses down on counter littered with red cups and empty beer cans.

"No way, I didn't come to party. And I'm especially not interested if its that." she whined as he pulled over a bottle of rum.

 "Don't break his heart again." Preston egged Tyler on as he filled each glass to the brim. "Plus isn't this what you drank on all your good nights?" he asked pulling her closer to Tyler and the shots.

 "Vodka, is what I had my best nights with this...this stuff  is trouble for me." She said raising the small glass and giving it a grimace. A large cheer from the beer pong table made the group turn and face the ruckus.

 "Fuck yeah! Tyler! Preston, you're up. Prepare to get your asses beat." A short guy yelled as the crowd parted for both of them. Preston pumped his fist a few times and started for the table not before grabbing Tylers arm.

 Sophie sighed in relief as Tyler slowly backed up. "Give me ten minutes and I'll be right back for  our eternal shot at love." He said wiggling his eyebrows. A small giggle escaped her mouth as she waved him towards the table. She was just about to lower the shot when a deep voice talked into her ear.

"You know it's bad luck to take a shot alone." A hand moved to the small of her back as Derek Hale slid to her side. She blushed at his touch and looked down at the shot.

 "Well I wasn't really going to take it. I think I've had enough wine tonight anyways." she confessed and it was true she was already beginning to sway.

 "I was talking about me." He said with a smirk as he raised the glass to his lips and gave her a smouldering look. She gave in and raised the glass back up.  Without a second thought she threw the liquid into her mouth, wincing as it scorched a trail down her throat.  Derek took the shot straight faced. "Don't need anymore bad luck especially not tonight. See ya around." he said backing away from the counter.

"Wait, you're not just going to leave me here with all these high schoolers?" He turned around looking a bit confused, most people in beacon hill didn't enjoy his company. She looked nervously around the room. "Or are you that young? I mean I just assumed you were the coach the other day  but .." she looking at him for answers. She couldn't have spent the last few days fantasizing about a guy in high school. Wasn't that illegal?

 He gave a her a genuine smile that made her heart skip a beat. "Do I really look like I'm in high school?"

 She couldn't help but blush as she took in his masculine features. "No you don't." A group of sophomores girls came into the kitchen one of them complaining loudly.