Blood 43 - unedited

Start from the beginning

Napaawang ang labi nito sa sinabi niya bago muling mapangiti na animo'y kinikilig.

"That's great!" Her Dad said in excitement. She knew he's happy kahit hindi masyadong halata sa expression nito. Kung sabagay ay sa ama siya nagmana.

"This time, you are both cordially invited, Mom and Dad." She humored and grinned.

"You should be, Diamond."

She nodded with a smile.

But then, there's a part of her which was hoping that Elisse should be present on that day. She's her friend after all. Kahit na hindi niya alam kung naging mabuting kaibigan ba siya.

After their conversation and welcoming her wife with warm embrace ay dinala niya na si Asha sa kwarto nila. Everything's been prepared.

Her wife took her first step on her room after a long time. Asha hated her to the bones the last time she'd been here. Diamond was in deep pain that time. Kasama niya ito pero malayo ang loob ng dalaga, even if she did all her best to compensate all her selfishness for forcefully claiming her.

Hanggang sa dumating yung araw na tinakasan siya nito. She didn't make an effort to find her simply because she'd been thinking that it will be the best for her, to give her space. Because she stupidly hoped that she'll miss her. Until that one fateful day, they met again. And that's because of Elisse.

"Diamond?" she called. She sat on the edge of her bed and tapped the soft mattress. "Upo ka."

She obliged. Nang makaupo siya sa tabi nito ay kaagad niyang hinawakan ang kamay ng dalaga. "How do you feel?"

Asha gave her a tight smile. "Nostalgic. Lahat ng mga nangyari noon ay bigla na lang nag-flashback sa isip ko." She gripped and intertwined their fingers. "But unlike now, all I feel is happiness. Now I finally realized why those things happened. That's because I'm meant to be loved by someone like you."

She caressed her cheek and whispered on her lips. "I'm sorry if I made you hate me."

"There's a thin line between love and hate," She gave Diamond a chaste kiss and sighed. "And I fell on the other line, and started loving you."

She kissed her once again. Diamond watched her closed her eyes and savored each moment. She deepened the kiss. Maingat niya itong inihiga sa kama habang mapaglarong hinawakan ang kamay ng asawa at at ikinulong sa taas ng ulo nito. She bit her wife's bottom lip.

"Let me show you the art of making love." She winked. "Shall we?"

Asha pushed and hovered on her top, she smiled sweetly.

This is gonna be a long day.

--

Samantha hugged her parents the moment the welcomed her. Mabuti na lamang at may libre silang oras para maasikaso siya. It's been a long time since she last saw them.

"We missed you." Her Mom said as she gave her a kissed on her forehead. Ang ama naman niya ay hinawakan siya sa balikat.

A smile escaped her lips. "I've been good."

Sabay-sabay silang pumunta sa living room at naupo. May nakahain sa center table na mga snacks kung kaya't kaagad siyang kumuha at kumain. Luto iyon ng ina, she missed this, too. It felt good to be here, in their home. Hindi siya nagsisising umuwi. Lahat ng mga kaibigan niya ay nagpunta sa kani-kanilang pamilya maliban kay Adrienne. Hindi pa naman magsisimula ang klase kaya sinusulit na nila ang panahon.

"How have you been?" Mom asked as she observed her. "You don't look that happy."

She sighed. Pinagsalikop niya ang mga daliri at parang batang pinaglaruan ito. They really knew her well. She knew. She's happy but...she can't hide the fact that she's sad as well. "I'm in love."

"But there's something that's stopping you." Her father concluded and she just nodded.

Sinimulan niyang ikuwento sa magulang ang lahat ng mga nangyari. Simula noong unang beses niyang nakita si Elisse. Noong unti-unti siyang nahulog sa dalaga, noong pinanood niya itong magmahal ng iba. She told them how painful it was.

She remembered it clearly. The day when she entered the Student Council room, she's so cute and simple. She caught her interest that quick and...Sam gave her heart at the end.

But she didn't hold it like she wanted to, because she's holding someone's heart. It fell. And it hurts. But...she didn't want to force her to reciprocate her one-sided love she was harboring for Elisse. Lalo na kung alam niyang hindi ito sasaya sa kanya.

"Right from the start, I know, she will never be mine." She chuckled bitterly, because she's telling the truth of how a loser she was. "I never fought for her, I never competed with Adrienne because right from the start, mahirap tanggapin pero siya na ang panalo."

Pinunasan niya ang luhang tumulo sa mga mata. She's such a loser, crying for someone who wasn't even hers in the first place.

Dad patted her back and hugged her. She was feeling warm. She felt comforted and loved. She was still feeling lucky that she have parents like them. She didn't feel alone at all.

"What are you going to do then?"

Napayuko siya at napapikit. Another tear fell from her eyes. "I'm giving up...for good."

Loving Elisse was the best thing Sam ever did. But getting stuck being in love with her and holding on to the idea of them, being together someday was like a poison slowly killing her. It was slowly eating her. And it'll kill her if she won't stop this. Maybe...all she need was to move on and keep going forward.

Maybe all she needed was distance.

_____