Prolouge

Baron Wolfgang von Strucker, one of HYDRA's number one thugs, walked down into the Sokovian HYDRA base, before walking through a secret door and into a hidden bunker. Walking beside him was List, HYDRA's head scientist. As they walked, they passed numerous soldiers and doctors, all doing various tasks. "It's over. Fury has released everything to the public!" List spoke worriedly. "Everything he knows about." Strucker replied, German accent thick. List shook his head. "Herr Strucker, if they get word of our work here, if they find out that we serve HYDRA -" Strucker cut him off. "HYDRA. SHIELD. Two sides of a coin that is no longer currency." The two men walk over to the lab where a strange, scepter-like object with a glowing yellow gem embedded in the bladed tip, was being analyzed. "What we have is worth more than any of them ever knew." Strucker spoke, gazing lustfully at the alien scepter. "We have barely scratched the surface and already..." They walk out of the lab as Strucker continued. "...There are other facilities doing HYDRA's good work around the world. We'll feed them to Captain America and his colorful friends to keep them off our scent." "What about the volunteers?" List asked. Strucker nonchalantly shrugged. "The dead will be buried so deep, their own ghosts won't be able to find them." "And the survivors?" The two men stop in front of three cells. "The Maximoffs." Inside each cell was a person. In the cell on the far left was a young man with shoulder length, wavy, dark brown hair that was steadily turning white. His face was gaunt and dirty, his facial hair overgrown and shaggy. He was wearing grey sweatpants and an old, grey sleeveless shirt, showing off his muscular arms, and his hands were bandaged. His name was Pietro. In the cell on the far right was a young woman with long, wavy brown hair. She was wearing clothes similar to Pietro, except for her sweatshirt, which was long sleeved. Her hands were also bandaged. Her name was Wanda. In the middle cell, was another young woman, identical to Wanda except for her hair, which was steadily turning from brown to white, similar to her brother's. She was wearing the same clothes as the first two, but like Pietro, her sweatshirt was sleeveless, revealing lean arms, which were covered in scars, along with her face and neck. Her hands, like her siblings', were also bandaged. Her name was Anastasia. All three siblings seemed to be unable to control their powers. Pietro was running erratically around his cell, a blue streak, ramming into the walls and yelling words at a speed too fast to understand. Wanda was sitting on the floor in the middle of her cell, concentrating on trying to levitate wooden blocks. Red energy flowed around her hands, the blocks floating shakily in the air in front of her. Her face was one of horrified awe as she stared blankly. In the middle cell, Anastasia was also sitting on the floor in the middle of her cell. But unlike Wanda, her face was not one of awe or horror, but one of rage as deep purple energy swirled around her body like a storm, flowing from her hands. Her body also seemed to be vibrating at an incredible speed. Her eyes flashed purple, just as Wanda's glowed red, and Pietro's blinked blue. The lights in all three cells flickered. "Sooner or later they will meet the Maximoffs. So much better then the failed Princess." Strucker grinned darkly, his gaze lingering on Anastasia for a few seconds longer. He then turned to List. "It's not a world of spies anymore List. It's not even a world of Heroes." Strucker gazed at the Siblings, his greatest masterpieces. "No, this is a world of miracles, Doctor." He smiled wickedly. " And there's nothing more horrifying..." Pietro managed to stop running for a second, panting, to stare wildly at the two men. Wanda's stopped waving her hands for a second, before she crossed them together in an x-shape, her fingers curled like claws, causing the blocks to collapse in on each other with a sickening crunch. Anastasia glared at Strucker with so much hatred that List flinched in fear, and screamed, the energy around her exploding outward in a burst of power, shaking the bunker. "... than a miracle..."

I don't own the Avengers. Marvel does. I only own my oc Anya, the sweet sarcastic cinnamon roll that she is. If I did own Marvel, the Maximoffs would be mine. Luna, another oc who will appear later in the story belongs to my friend rose321555, who collaborated on this with me. Go check her out sometime. This is our story...                                               Avengers cast as themselves.                            Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff.            Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Pietro Maximoff.                                                                Valorie Curry as Anya Maximoff.