Jase unloads a few chips into his mouth as he comes to sit beside me. Bruno forgetting about me once he saw food in his sight. The puppy sits down between Jase and me as he waits patiently for a potential snack. "Brice has a girlfriend."

"Since when?" I ask. "That's wonderful. You need someone in your life."

Brice rolls his eyes. "I was perfectly fine on my own Dani."

"You think you were, but you weren't. You're less angry now. I like it. Whoever it is I want to meet her."

"I haven't even met her yet," Jase adds, giving Bruno a small chip. "Five months and he's kept her all to himself. I think he's embarrassed of me—or threatened she'd think I was more attractive."

"Way to be humble," I murmur, trying not to smile.

Brice walks back into the living room and sits on the lounge chair by the window. He pulls back the lever and the foot rest pops out with a loud bang, causing Bruno to turn around in a rush to see what happened. I start scratching behind one of his ears to help calm him down.

"I want to make sure she's serious about this relationship before I introduce her to the family."

I raise an eyebrow. "And dating over five months isn't an indicator enough?"

"How I missed your blunt response," Brice counteracts, smiling. "But I'm still not ready to have her meet you guys yet."

Jase chews more chips. "Why? Are you worried she won't take the whole werewolf secret well?"

Brice starts rubbing his right temple. "All the questions," he murmurs, shaking his head. "This is only my second serious relationship—both of you know this. I don't want to mess it up. I really like her. Hell I might even love her."

Jase and I both freeze. The room is silent. The only noise is Bruno trying to lick the bag of potato chips. Brice and love—holy shit. When the girl after high school broke his heart Brice swore he'd never get into another relationship that he'd be vulnerable in, and falling for a person is definitely breaking that rule.

"You love her?" Jase asks, and Brice nods, the corners of his mouth turning up in a soft smile. "Damn, man, I'm happy for you. Never thought I'd hear you say that again towards another woman other than Mom and Dani."

I smile, reaching forwards and touching Brice's left hand. "This girl must be pretty amazing. If you love her, then it is serious. Does she not want to get that serious yet?"

"Well, I haven't told her yet that I love her," he sighs. "But she seems like she's just as comfort with the pace of this relationship as I am."

"What are you scared of then?" I ask, taking my hand back and intertwining my fingers together in my lap.

"It's the werewolf thing," Jase adds.

Brice leans back in the chair and looks up at the ceiling. "She isn't from here, so she never heard the myths like Kane who had the idea in his head so it was a little easier for him to accept Aria. She lives in the city half an hour away and has no clue about werewolves or anything going on with the packs. I don't know if I want her involved in this life, especially right now."

"She'll start getting suspicious," I mention.

He nods, "I know. She's been questioning where I am the past two days. I told at my brother's watching Bruno, and I video messaged her so she knows I'm not two timing her or anything because I know that's the first thing women's minds go to." Brice runs his fingers through his hair. "I'm worried about her. I don't want her to be in danger if I bring her here, but I know she really wants to be a part of my life here too. I don't know what to do."

I look over my shoulder to see Jase with his eyebrows drawn together in sympathy for his older brother. I can feel Brice's stress as well, and I cannot image his struggle of balancing his two lives with what is now going on within the packs. "Maybe Jase and I can come visit you guys this weekend? It doesn't mean you have to tell her about us being werewolves, but I think as long as you introduce her to someone in your family, like Jase, it will calm her worries a little bit about how serious you are in the relationship."

The corners of Brice's lips turn up a little before his eyes meet my own. "That's a great idea Dani. You'd do it that for me?" He stands up and walks so he's in front of me with his hands out. Putting my hands in his, he hoists me up off the couch to hug me again. "Thank you so much."

"I didn't even say I can go," Jase mentions from behind me.

Brice chuckles, leaning away from the hug. "Oh please, if Dani goes you'll no doubt follow her like a love struck puppy." He pets Bruno and pats Jase on the shoulder before walking over to the front door. "I'll see you guys soon. I'll plan everything and let you know what's up. Thanks again guys!" Brice waves goodbye before leaving.

Jase has a scowl on his face when I sit back down on the couch. Bruno lies next to him with his head resting against Jase's thigh. "I do not follow you around like a puppy."

I scoff, laughing. "Sure you don't."

His eyes meet my own. "I just want you safe Dani."

Leaning over in the little room Bruno left, I rest my chin on his shoulder. Jase turns his head so he can see my face. "I know Jase," I murmur, cupping his cheek and brushing the hair there with my thumb.

"How are you feeling after seeing your parents?"

"I'm doing okay," I say. "I'll always miss them, and I can never unseen what happened to them, but seeing their graves helped me realize they're both at peace, and I need to be too."

Jase leans forward and kisses my forehead before resting his forehead against my own. I will be okay. Eventually.