Not So Friendly Competition

"Come on, Sam. I swear to God if you drink the rest of the coffee," Bucky muttered holding his glass out as he watched Sam pour himself a mug.

Sam turned towards Bucky smugly and filled half of Bucky's glass, splitting the coffee between them.

Bucky grinned widely. "I take it all back. You're the best. I love you, Sam," he praised, before taking his first sip of coffee and honest to God moaned.

Sam smiled. "Don't you know it," he muttered with a wink as he made his way over to the stool next to Steve.

Steve side-eyed them suspiciously.

Bucky laughed. "No seriously, man. How is your coffee always so perfect? I mean Steve's could practically peel paint off the walls," he mused.

This got Sam laughing too and he replied, "It's an art form. Maybe one day I'll teach you."

Bucky's mouth suddenly grew into a giant shit-eating grin. "Seriously though, thanks for sharing," he said before he was at Sam's side, planting a sloppy and wet kiss to Sam's cheek.

Sam pushed him away playfully while smiling brightly. "Ew gross. I try to do one nice thing and this is what I get," he murmurred, looking at Steve now.

Bucky just blew him a kiss and left the room, chuckling.

Steve sat there staring at the now empty coffee mug, wondering what he missed.

~~~

2 weeks earlier

Sam and Bucky strolled into the living room hand in hand and plopped down on one of the couches smiling.

Natasha just laughed at them. "I'm glad you boys finally came to your senses and told each other that you're in love."

Sam just smirked. "Oh I've known that he liked me for a while, I just wasn't sure he was ready for all this," he said gesturing to himself. "I mean it is pretty hard to take in how amazing I am."

Bucky laughed and swatted Sam's shoulder. "Where's our star spangled man?" he asked.

Tony grinned and stretched his muscles, "He's sleeping. After last night, I'm doubtful he got any rest. I mean his stamina is insane," he gloated.

Clint rolled his eyes and put his hands over his eyes. "Ew. tmi, Tony, TMI!" he shouted. "That does give me an idea, though," he said once he regained his composure, mischievously as usual.

Wanda giggled and replied, "That's never a good sign."

"Anyways," he continued, side-eyeing her, "let's play a game to see how long it'll take for Steve to figure out that Sam and Bucky are dating."

Vision looked over at Wanda and grinned. "This does sound like a terrible idea," he agreed.

Natasha beamed and exclaimed, "I'm in. I give it four weeks. Steve's so oblivious."

Bruce disagreed with her saying, "I know he's not very observant of these kinds of things but I still give him two and a half weeks. I mean he picked up on Nat flirting with me pretty quick."

Sam and Bucky groaned together, but it was Sam who spoke up, "I'm not letting you bet on our relationship."

Tony smiled. "We're not betting on you, birdie, we're betting on my darling boyfriend. Who won't figure it out for at least two months," he assured them.

"Our good Steven is not a fool nor an idiot but he could not tell flirting if it...What is the midgardian phrase?...Bit him on the ass? I give him a month and a half to figure it out," Thor answered.