40.The Devil's Proposition

Start from the beginning

Naalala niya si Paola Yabes, asisstant ni Christian,aba'y sobrang ganda nun ah! Tapos ito pang Rebecca. And then there's Maggie, yung Australian na assistant ni Phoenix DiZeriu, she saw her in pictures as well, beauty queen pa nga yun eh. Patunay lang siguro iyon na sobrang tataas ng standards ng mga Princes of Hell sa lahat ng bagay.

Nak ng pating, mas lalo siyang kinabahan.

"Ah yeah, I remember you now, Sabrina Vee Suarez, well nice meeting you."

Hindi niya alam kung saan niya hinugot pero may feel siyang kasing yabang lang din ito ni Christian. Sinikap niyang wag paangatin ang kilay, sa halip pinilit niya ang isang matamis na ngiti para dito.

Nang maka-upo sila, sinenyasan nito si Rebecca na iwanan sila. Ngumiti muna sa kanya ang babae at nagpaalam. She mouthed her a 'thank you'.

"So what can I do for you Ms. Suarez?"

"Thank you for accepting my invitation, I know you have a very tight schedule, I'm so glad Rebecca was able to squeeze me in." Nanginig ang boses niya. Hindi siya mapakali dahil sa mga mata nitong nakatitig lang sa kanya. Ganun ba talaga silang mga Princes of Hell? Kakaiba kung makatingin na tipong nakakalusaw na nakakabaliw na nakakakaba na nakakatakot? It was making her uneasy... and scared. "I came here for a proposition.."

"Really? I heard so much about you Ms. Suarez-- not so good things about you-- to be honest. I admire your courage to talk to me though, I know what kind of problems you're facing right now. Aren't you Christian Demetri's latest victim?"

Medyo naasar siya dun. "I'm not."

"That's not what the news are saying."

"I'm not one of his victims, Mr. DiVanne, those are just part of his creative facade to break me. He wanted me to lose my company and to suffer.."

"Just like what he did to all his women..bad habit dies hard indeed.." Gumuhit ang isang makahulugang ngisi sa mga labi nito. "What makes you think I'm going to associate my company with you when all the others are running away? You have just admitted that Christian Demetri is after you, and he's aiming for your downfall.."

"Because you are his level, because you are not afraid of him. All I want is for you to consider my proposition, here's a detailed overview of the things that I can do to your local real state company in the Philippines, I can bring in more clients for you, just like what we did in the last five years of business. I'm an achiever Mr, DiVanne, I'm a goal setter, you can check all my records in the past, I have never failed a single client before..."

Tiningnan lang nito ang folder na inabot niya. Hindi niya mabasa ang iniisip nito, masyadong malalim.

"You may be an achiever in the past, but you're ruined now, do you realized that? They said you're suicidal, you're here in Italy because you're running after him--"

"That's a lie!" She cutted him off. Medyo umangat ang tinig niya. "I'm not suicidal! I'm here because I wanted him to tell the people the real score between us, and he's not playing fair!" Naasar na siya. Gusto na niyang magalit at sumigaw. "He's using the media to scare all my clients away. And this is one of the reasons why I'm talking to you right now, because he can't scare you away, If you agreed to my proposition, I promise you, SmartView will be very productive, my company will be your biggest asset in the future.."

"With your current status in the business world, that's quite a big talk, don't you think?"

Umikot ang eyeballs niya. "Nakakaasar na, ang yaaabaaannngggg!!" bulong niya sa sarili. Alam niyang narinig nito, eh ano, hindi naman siya nito naiintindihan. "I'll make it happen, just give me a chance Mr. DiVanne..."