When he awoke there were people walking around just oddly looking at him. He went to his room and showered and got ready for the day. Once he was dresses he texted Jessie.

‘Starbucks in 10?’ He typed. He grabbed a snack out of his mini fridge. His phone buzzed with a text back from Jessie.

‘Sure Luke. I’ll see you soon.’ She responded. Luke finishes getting ready and ate his snack. He grabbed some money and slipped on his jacket as he walked out of the hotel. When Luke got to Starbucks and looked around, Jessie was nowhere to be seen. He took a seat and waited for her which did not take very long. She walked inside and Luke walked up to her and greeted her.

“Hey Jess.” Luke said and gave her a hug. “Let’s get something and take a walk.”

“Sure,” she smiled “Why not?” They waited in line and both got ice caps. They walked outside at random, not knowing where they were going to go. They ended up at a small park. They sat down on a bench and Luke turned to her.

“Jess, I have something to tell you.” She directed her attention to Luke instead of the ducklings in the pond. “Well, I have been having these weird dreams. They are pretty much the same dream but in each dream more is shown. The thing is, it feels so real, you know? Like it might actual-“

“It’s not going to happen Luke.” Jessie cut into his sentence laughing a little. “Like you said, it was a dream. There is nothing to worry about.”

“You’re probably right, Jess.” Luke said but he wasn’t so sure about it. He let it go for now and they changed the subject. Once it was getting later in the day and Jessie had to go to work at the thrift shop, they left the park and walked back to Starbucks where Jessie’s car was still parked. He walked back to the hotel and tried to find something to do. When he went to sleep that night he didn’t dream of anything.

This is how Luke’s days have been ever since then. He didn’t have dreams. It was just Jessie and him going out to dinner, the movies or the park. After about two weeks they made a date to go out to dinner. That night he had a dream.

It was dark and foggy. Luke and Jessie were driving with the music loud. They were singing along and laughing. Jessie had a necklace on. The song ended and Luke looked at Jessie smiling. She looked at him and her smile dropped. That is when there was a loud crash and the dream went black. It stayed back but Luke could hear voices.

“Is he going to live?” Jessie said. He could hear the worry in her voice.

“Mrs. Shay, he is in a coma. He might not last long. He might live. I wish I could tell you that he will wake up but I just don’t know. I’m sorry.” The doctor said. Luke could hear footsteps leaving the room and Jessie started to cry. The crying faded as Luke saw a bright light and he woke up.

Luke sat up in the bed in his hotel room. He sighed and put his head in his hands. He looked at the clock and somehow it was one-thirty in the afternoon. He slowly got up and got ready for the day. He showered and ate some food. Once he was ready he left the hotel and went to the store.

He bought a necklace for Jessie. It had a silver chain and a blue heart pendant with the word ‘forever’ engraved into it. He went back to the hotel and put a thin bow around the box with the necklace in it. It was around four o’clock when he walked down to the car rental shop. He rented a red car and drove it back to the hotel parking it and going into his room one last time. He got dressed for his date and put the necklace in his pocket. He got some money and texted Jessie saying he was coming to pick her up. He drove down to her house and when he arrived it was around five thirty. He got out and knocked on her door. She answered and was wearing a short blue dress that flared out at the bottom. It had sequence on the top. Her hair was curled and she had a small purse to match her outfit.

“You look amazing” Luke said smiling. Jessie smiled and blushed.

“I could say the same about you, Luke.” She replied as she walked out of the house. She saw the car and nodded in approval. “Nice car.”

“Thanks.” Luke said. They got in the car and Luke drove to some fancy restaurant.

When they got there they took their seat and ordered their food and talked. He pulled the box out of his pocket.

“Jess,” Luke started. “I have had such an amazing time with you the past couple of weeks.” Jessie looked up at him “I wanted to know if you would be my girlfriend.” He handed her the box and she pulled the blue bow off of it. She opened it and smiled so big. She looked at Luke and nodded.

“Yes I’ll be your girlfriend. Plus I really love the necklace.” Luke got up and walked over to her taking the necklace. He put it around her neck and she stood up and gave him a hug and a kiss. They both sat down and ate their food. They had a good time and once they were done it was late. They walked outside and got in the car. They turned the music on and sang and laughed, having a good time. It was dark and foggy and Luke got an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach. Everything was just like his dreams had been and he didn’t even notice it.

As they were driving the song ended and Luke turned the radio down. He looked at Jessie. She was smiling and looked up at Luke. As soon as she did her smiled dropped as she saw a bright light right behind Luke’s head. Just seconds later there was a loud crash and Luke’s world went black.

Soon Luke had regained his hearing but not his sight. He could hear two people talking.

“Is he going to live?” Jessie said. Luke could hear the worry in her voice.

“Mrs. Shay, I want to tell you that he will make it but I just don’t know. He is in a coma. He might make it if he is lucky. I’m sorry.” The doctor said. Luke heard footsteps leave the room and Jessie started to cry. Luke’s world then became white as the crying faded and she began to speak.

“Please wake up. Sir, wake up.” Luke opened his eyes and he was in the lobby of the Super 8 hotel. He sat up and there was a woman standing in front of him. She had blond hair and blue eyes.

“Hello love.” Luke said smiling.

“Oh, hello sir. Are you British?” The woman asked smiling.

“Yes I am. My name is Luke Helling.” Luke introduced himself.

“I’m Jessie Shay. It’s a pleasure to meet you Mr. Helling.” Jessie said.

“Likewise, Mrs. Shay. You know I just had the strangest dream. I think you would like to hear it. Would you sit with me?” Luke asked. Jessie nodded and took a seat as she listened to Luke’s strange dream.