(1) Alisa's Mom Has Got It Going On

PLEASEEE VOTEEEE...I'm entering it in the Watty Awards :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Can't you wait to see our new house?”

I rolled my eyes, ignoring her typical statement and stared out of the window. There wasn’t much to look at, but it was better than having to respond to her.

We were on our way to Bakersfield, California.

Why, you ask?

I’ll tell you why.

My mother was somewhat of a MILF, as the young guys liked to say nowadays- mom I’d like to… you know. It wasn’t hard to see why everyone thought she was hot. Her bouncy, blond hair, brown eyes and body of a teenager pretty much ticked all the boxes. I’m sure you’ve heard of that song ‘Stacy’s Mom’ by the Fountains of Wayne? Well just call me your regular Stacy. I’d swear that any time soon a band would be singing about how much Alisa’s mom had got it going on.

But my mom could also be labelled as a home-wrecker.

Sure, she could get any guy she wanted. But my mom had a tendency to go for the older guys- the older, married guys.

Why?

To be honest, I really didn’t know. Some people have a fetish for feet, others for butts… I guess my mom just so happened to have a thing for married men.

And that was exactly the reason why we were on our way to California. My mother’s last relationship didn’t exactly end so brilliantly; and when I say that, I mean that it was disastrous. The guy’s wife found out he was cheating and gave him an ultimatum: he could have either her or my mother.

Guess who he chose? Hint: it wasn’t my mom.

But wait, that wasn’t even the best part. The guy she was dating, it was her boss! A totally new low for my mom, I know. And instead of just finding a new, local job, she packed up all of our stuff and demanded that we’d have a fresh start.

Moving to California seemed like the good way to go, even though we’d only been living in Vermont for four months. I was used to jumping from state to state; it had become a sort of routine a few years back. My mom’s failed relationships were pretty usual. If they were actually successful one in a while then this wouldn’t be our thirteenth time moving to a new state.

Why did I even bother to put up with her?

If you ever told her this, I would swear up and down that I’d never said such a thing, but I really did love her. After all, she was my mom, even though I loved to deny it most of the time.

Besides, who else was going to loan her a shoulder to cry on each time her relationship didn’t work out? And let’s face it…that was every time.

I, on the other hand, was nothing like her. Even in spite of my mom’s messed up relationships, I still managed to be a true believer in love. I’ll admit now that I’d always been on the lookout for my Prince Charming; it’d been like that as far back as I could remember.

I would fantasize about how he’d sweep me off my feet and take me away in his valiant horse-powered, navy blue BMW to the local church- the place we’d be getting married, obviously. An expensive reception at the Four Seasons would follow.

Needless to say, ‘the one’ always lingered in the back of my mind, but it never bothered me too much that I hadn’t found the perfect guy. Besides, I was afraid to get too close to anyone with us moving around all the time. There was no point getting attached when I had no idea when we were going to up and leave again…

Now was probably as good a time as any to get down and cheesy. Introductions are essential, after all. How about my name? That would be Alisa Green. Okay, I’ll admit that’s a little corny. I usually went by the name Lisa anyway. I was pretty much the polar opposite to my mom: brown hair (though similarly curly), blue eyes and a complete and utter tomboy. I was born in Boston, Massachusetts to an unfaithful father and an irritating mother.

Mom was only nineteen when she had me. My dad was thirty-five. He was also married- surprise, surprise! Yup, even then my mum had a liking for married men. Dad was the longest relationship she’d ever had, though. And that had to count for something, right?

They’d been seeing each other for thirteen months, and then she became pregnant with me. When he found out… let’s just say that he didn’t take it well. I’m pretty sure the words ‘I never want to see you again’ were said once or twice at least.

“We’re here!” Mom sang as we turned off onto a street littered with giant, three and four-storey houses on each side.

“Are you sure?” I asked sceptically. “This is where we’re staying… in one of those?”

“This is where we’re staying,” she repeated, smiling.

“Mom, they’re massive! Can we even afford a place like this?”

“Yes, we can.” At those words I gave her one of my looks- one that said I wasn’t sure whether to believe her or not. Mom didn’t have the best track record when it came to things like this. “Don’t worry, Alisa. We’re not as tight on money as you think. Anyway, it’s my way of giving you a sort of ‘I’m sorry’ gift.”

She pulled the car up onto the drive of one of the houses just as two guys came out from round the back of the house next-door.

Once they got closer, I realized that they both looked around my age and were wearing jeans and t-shirts. One of them, the guy holding a few bottles of water, had short, brown hair. The other guy, the one carrying a basketball, had shoulder-length, almost platinum blond hair.

And they were both very, very hot.

When they walked past, the blond leant down a bit and peered into the car—I guess he saw me staring. He nodded at me and gave me a wave; I smiled and offered a wave back. That was very… neighborly of him.

“Alisa,” my mom said, looking over at me. “What are you doing?”

I shook my head. “I was just saying hi, Mom. It seems like he’s our new neighbor; I was being polite.”

“Hmm,” she said shortly, cutting off the engine and getting out of the car. I soon followed suit and met her at the front of the car.

The boys had already disappeared by the time I’d gotten out, and I wondered where they’d run off to. It looked like we weren’t going to say a proper hello, after all.

“Isn’t this great?” Mom asked, smiling. “We get to have a new start, a clean slate! And I promise that this is the last time we will ever move. This is the place for us, Alisa. I can just feel it.”

I just nodded, unconvinced. I wanted to believe her, I really did. But I’d heard this from her before.

As always, I’d just have to wait and see.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I have a problem...seriously i keep uploading new stories

but anywhoo...wat do you think of this one?

Good? Bad?

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

VOTEEEEEEEE

COMMENTTT

FANNNNNNNNN

I need the Support cuz im entering it in the next Watty Awards soo pleaseeeee VOTEEEEE