Sound of Silence

A/N: OK lovely birds, and any dogs reading! Last Chapter. Thank-you for coming on this little journey with me. You're votes and comments have inspired me to see this through. Hopefully someone else will run with this idea and we'll get to see other renditions of House v GB gang.

*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*

Victor's POV

We were on our way to see her, Sean had texted Owen that she was back and looking well finally. So, we thought we'd cheer her up, cheer ourselves up, and see her while she was awake. We had rushed over so we wouldn't lose a moment with her. We were just exiting the elevator when we saw Sean and Nathan in the hall. We stopped as one, confusion rippling through us. Sean said she was doing well. Why are they out here? I heard Nathan yell out and then fall to his knees. We rushed to his side, watching the horror unfold before us.

Doctors Cameron, Chase and Foreman were working on her, the alarms on the machine were going off in a cacophony of sound, the discord of which hurt the ears. I saw Owen talking to Sean, away from the group. Owen was angry and kept pointing to Sang's room. I couldn't pulls my eyes away from Princess for more than a moment or two. I saw Owen storm off, but I couldn't think past the destruction of my heart. We stood silent for what felt like ages. Paddles were brought out and we saw them press to her chest once. They all looked to the monitors. Nothing. Foreman took the paddles and pressed them a second time to her chest. Silence.

Was that all my world would consist of now? Silence? There's no way I would be able to hear a piece and not think of my Princess; the one who brought the love of music back into my life. I would never be able to hear music again and not think of her. It would be too unbearable. I would have to live in silence to survive. I was already planning on destroying my piano as soon as we returned. I would never play again. I don't want to if she cannot hear me.

Princess, you need to fight. I need you too much. I'm not strong like the others, I will not survive your passing. You need to fight for us, fight for yourself. Fight for you damn life, Princess, just fight. I felt arms go around me from either side, Luke and Gabe flanked me, their eyes red from the tears they shed. I reached up and felt the wetness on my own cheek. When did the tears start? Was it enough to simply cry for her passing? Couldn't my life be traded for hers? What was I compared to her to my brothers? They would miss me, but they would survive. We would not survive her death. This world could go up in flames and we would not notice.

Doctor Chase plunged a needle into her chest and jumped back while Foreman pressed those paddles against her chest again. I held my breath. The world paused, waiting. I don't think my brothers took a breath either. We clung to each other. And there it was. The machine beeped once, then it beeped again and again, until we had a regular heart beat rhythm registering. My legs gave out under me and Luke and Gabe crashed to the floor with me, none of us able to stand any longer under the pressure, under the threat of losing her. I sighed heavily. I wasn't very old but I don't think my heart would survive another scare. Today would not be the day that music died for me.

*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*

House's POV

"I'm not saying you have to save an orphanage, I'm just suggesting that you listen to Cuddy and be a bit more... human with your interactions with the patient's family." Wilson stated from behind his desk. I liked the quiet of his office when I needed to think, or at least get away from the riffraff.

"They aren't her family, they're her own personal harem. I'm impressed that she's managed to snag so many in her claws and keep them so dedicated, especially when they know about each other. I'm a little in awe." If I was honest, I couldn't figure out how they tolerated each other and didn't rip one another limb from limb. My money was on the big brutish one who looked like he had a permanent scowl on his face. They claimed they were brothers, but anyone who wasn't completely blind could tell they weren't related. Maybe it was like that Mormon show, Sister Wives. Could they be something like Brother Husbands? That didn't have the same ring to it. I wonder if I could sell this idea to someone though.