"SEL!"

My eyes opened to rows of books.

"See, I told you." A boy nearby straightened his glasses. "PTSD triggered by the akuma attack. Not uncommon."

"Thank you, Max." Alya glanced over at me, worried. "Hey, Sel. Are you feeling alright?"

"No." I groaned, sitting up. "I mean I'm fine physically, I guess."

"An akuma is attacking." Alya explained. "Chat Noir himself carried you to safety! He and Ladybug are dealing with the akuma."

"Alright, I'm calling BS." I stood up, ignoring the spinning sensation in my head, and peeked out of the library.

I took everything back.

In front of me, just crouching there, was a teenage male in a black cat suit, completely with ears and tail. He seemed to be waiting for something, his ears alert. His back was towards me, but I got the feeling that he knew I was there, because I saw his ears perk up.

I breathed a forbidden word of awe, one that would have gotten me seriously grounded at home but that accurately described the situation. A large robotic thing was currently tied up to a lamppost by a yoyo that was apparently magical, because he couldn't get out of it. In that moment, I doubted my entire existence.

The catman inclined his head. "Are you alright now, Sel?"

"Who the bloody hell are you?" I demanded, a bit of a British accent slipping into my voice.

"Language, mademoi-Sel." The cat shook his head in mock disapproval, turning to look at me. "Do you see me now?"

WHAT THE OEDIPUS-

I held my breath. On his face was the most messed up grins I have ever seen, and it made my knees shake a bit.

Is that a oedipus cat?

Of course it was a cat. It was always a cat.

It was a black cat who was our third pet. It was a black cat who I saw and instantly fell in love with at the pet store. And it was a black human cat sitting right in front of me. What luck I had instantly abandoned me as I slowly backed into the door. "Gafg!" I muffled my curse word, opening the door and sliding inside as the cat human jumped away.

"What the oedipus bloody hell was that?" I demanded of Alya, who was covering her mouth to stifle her giggles.

"I see you enjoyed Chat Noir." She said, before breaking out into another burst of giggles.

"Is he the one in that bloody cat suit?" I demanded. "What..."

"The female superhero is Ladybug. Not an actual ladybug, she just wears a ladybug costume."

"Why?" I demanded.

Alya started to explain, but left her mouth open. "I - I don't actually know."

"And that dude," I began, "wears a bloody black cat costume?"

"Would it affect you less if the costume was brown?" Alya inquired, mischievous teasing in her eyes.

"Yes!" I declared, falling dramatically onto the library floor.

Ow. That hurt.

Why are you so dramatic?

"Because I bloody want to be." I snapped. "Would you shut up for once?"

Alya looked at me, confused I bit my tongue immediately. "Sorry, talking to myself."

That's insulting us.