"That one was a strange akuma." Alya commented.

"Are those people trapped in flowers?" Amy snorted.

"Yup." Marinette shivered. "I remember those were uncomfortable."

"Me, too." Adrien agreed.

"They made me sneeze a bunch." Alya seconded.

"I'm confused." I interjected. "There are superheroes in Paris?"

"Of course." Alya stared at me. "Aren't there superheroes everywhere?"

"No." I replied. "No, very much not. Superheroes are legends and fiction."

"Well, there's an akuma at least once a week, so don't get too comfortable!" Alya laughed. "There'll be an akuma before you know it, and if you somehow miss the attack, it'll be up on my Ladyblog!"

It still sounded suspicious, but I let it slide as the pizza man announced himself and Adrien had to sign his autograph, which I found annoying and I think he did too. After all, it wasn't his fault that he had the perfect body and he looked absolutely stunning - no, I'm not gay, but I'm not blind either, and I could definitely see why Marinette was into him. If I was right, multiple people were.

Oh, how right I was.

--

"ADRIKINS!"

"BLOODY-" I turned around, nearly getting whiplash as a frilly yellow animal with blonde hair and blue eyes launched herself at Marinette's boyfriend, claws extended and mouth puckered. I had to do a double take as I realized that the animal was in fact that girl from the airport, who claimed that her father was the mayor. With the amount of makeup on, I also figured that her father was either blind or extremely tolerant.

"Chloe!" Adrien exclaimed, prying the girl off of him with a polite smile on his face. "This is Sel, my girlfriend's cousin."

"I don't have a cousin named Sel." Chloe pouted.

"He means me, Chloe." Marinette stepped in at that point, a large frown on her face. "Go chase after some other boy, Adrien's off-limits."

A scream sounded nearby, followed by another, and the sound of a crashing car. I flinched, my eyesight turning hazy as I stumbled, the sound of the crashing car echoing through my head. Screams. Crashed car.

Screams.

Crashed car.

I hit the wall behind me as the fire alarm on the school started going off and a fire engine screeched nearby, followed by a deep cackle. Chaos sounded, but I wasn't paying attention to all of it. I was somewhere completely different.

The air bags muffled my face, stained a dark shade of red.

"Sel?"

I couldn't see anything, or hear anything. It was dark, causing me to panic. I was losing focus, and had lost touch of my body, though I was vaguely aware of it shaking uncontrollably. My head lay in Lacey's lap, my hip throbbing in pain. Too much pain.

"Sel?"

The shattered window next to me and behind me caused the rain to beat my bloodied body, making the shaking worse. I was floating away, floating into unconsciousness, but still fully aware of Lacey's screams...

"SEL!"

I was being picked up, carried away, then placed on an ambulance stretcher. I was conscious now, but still shaking. My body was uncontrollable, jerking and bleeding. The attendees could barely put an oxygen mask on my face...