"Grande Amore."

When you felt the first drops of rain fall on your body, you cursed yourself for forgetting to take your umbrella with you. The weather was normal for October and just the way you liked it, rainy and just a bit chilly.

The weather suited your rituals perfectly. You just loved lying on the couch in the afternoon with a cup of tea or coffee in one hand and a book in the other, listening to the rhythmic sound of rain pouring hard against the window.

That day you were missing one thing to complete the ritual. A new book. Your destination for the day was one of your favorite places in town, the book store. It wasn't a usual bookstore though.

On the ground floor was a Starbucks café. Its walls had surrounded great theoretical discussions and its tables many times had become the ring to heated philosophical debates. Heavy wooden staircases led those thirsty for words to the second floor, a reading-addict's paradise. Wooden libraries that reached the top shelves. Every here and there long wooden tables were set, providing the perfect atmosphere to read a book while sipping your coffee. In a small corner stood the cash registers, the last step to finish the journey through these spectacular worlds.

When you entered the Starbucks café, soaked to bone despite the run, you felt a rush of heat go through your body and the smell of freshly brewed coffee awake your senses.

You took a deep breath and took your place on the line to place your order. A few minutes later you were climbing the staircase, thinking of which book to buy first.

The moment you stepped foot on the second floor, it felt like you were in heaven.

You started browsing around, glancing at titles from millions of books, reading the summaries of a few that caught your eye. At some point you stumbled upon a book you had read a few months ago, "one hundred years of solitude". You remembered wanting to read its sequel, but not finding it in any bookstore in town.

"Bingo!", you thought, that would be the next book you'd read.

Bringing back to memory the period during which you read it, you recalled the obsession your best friend had with a certain Italian, operatic pop trio, Il Volo. She would make you listen to Grande Amore everywhere and every time you were together, till you'd admit it was the best song ever. Of course, at some point you grew fond of it, even downloaded it on your phone, but you would never do her the favor of revealing her this information.

You continued browsing and kept your eyes open for the book, while humming quietly -or so you thought- the lyrics of Grande Amore.

A tall, muscular figure that had been in the same hallway as you drafted its gaze from a book to you, without you noticing. He was very handsome, with black hair and brown eyes. The facial hair made him look intimidating, but the smile on his face revealed a sensitive personality, a child rather.

He put the book back to its shelf and walked towards you to search for another book, joining you in the humming.

You were surprised to hear another voice, especially singing the same song. A very beautiful voice, you had to admit. Glancing at him momentarily, you returned to your search. At some point you saw the book and approached it. Your fingers touched the cover simultaneously, causing a small laugh from both of you.

"You take it", he urged you smiling.

"No it's alright. You should take it", you replied. Getting a closer look of him made you feel like you knew him from somewhere. Those kind eyes were unforgettable, they definitely reminded you of someone.

"Please", he insisted.

"I can definitely wait till they get more copies of it."

"It wouldn't be proper of a gentleman. I insist."

You smiled and nodded negatively.

"Well, then I have another proposal. How about I buy the book and lend it to you. Once you've finished it we'll go have some lunch or dinner maybe and you can tell me all about it, so when I'll take it back and read it I'll have a judgement of a professional."

You chuckled as you saw his eyes glowing with hope.

"You really do know how to ask a bookworm out, don't you?"

"Well I wouldn't call you a bookworm. You seem more like an intellectual person, with a very nice voice and a fine taste in books and music I must say."

You blushed and lowered your head.

"And very cute as well", he added.

"I'd say the exact same things about you as well. Such a choice of books seems rare in men. How come?"

"Well, it talks about a love that survived through years and distance. I need to believe that such a powerful, strong love exists, so i thought it wise to read it. Since I'm destined to experience only this kind of love, I might as well get some advice."

You were taken aback by his answer, wondering what could make him be so sure.

"Why", you simply asked.

"You really don't know whose song is the one you were humming, right?"

"No, I know them. They're Il Volo. My best friend is obs-". That was when it dawned on you. That was how you remembered those eyes, he was one of the boys she had showed you time and time again. God knows how ashamed you felt at that moment.

"God I'm so sorry", you said, nearly bursting into giggles.

"Don't be." He seemed like he enjoyed it. "It's actually nice to talk with a girl that doesn't know anything about me, or, at least, not claim she does."

He had a sincerity in his eyes that intrigued you. He wasn't the usual celebrity. On the contrary he seemed like he sort of despised this life.

"It's actually nice to talk with a star who remains down to earth and humble."

"Hamble", he repeated.

"What? No, the proper word is humble."

"If you want to discuss it we can go downstairs and get some more coffee", he said grinning.

"You really are persistent."

"Only when it's worth it", he replied.

"I'm Ignazio by the way. Ignazio Boschetto."

"I'm (y/n)."