Chapter 1 - Black Pepper

Start from the beginning

You hold your Shinai in a perfect drawing position, ready to interrupt the scene. This bamboo stick is your loyal companion, you always take it with you, even in school. "He really isn't the White T Poison... But he's great to have fun with!", another giant high-schooler says, striking out his fist, ready to punch. The boy flinches, closing his eyes, awaiting the pain. But it never came, he opens his eyes to see a female figure in front of him, blocking the punch with a Shinai, strengthen the defense by pushing one hand on the bamboo stick against her opponent.

With a kick in the stomach you make your opponent gasping for air, after that you slap him with your Shinai through the face, causing him to fall on the ground. You step on his head, resting your stick on your shoulder, with a bright grin you start to speak: "Soooo... Who wants another taste of this?" You tap on your shoulder with the stick of yours, looking into the group. The group distances themselves from you, slowly.

"B-Black Pepper...? W-What are you doing here?", the one on the ground asks, you press his face more to the ground. "I'm asking the questions here, so...", you press even stronger with your foot, "Shut up! Alright? Why are you mocking a clearly weaker and younger boy, are you some sadists? Are you just having fun showing off your strength, if so, why not showing me? Huh?!" An evil glare from you shut the group up, they were frightened, they knew what you're capable of. You grin evilly, letting go of the one on the ground, you say disgustedly, "You're all just scum, disappear on your own, or I'll help you. Now, get lost!" As you finished your sentence the whole group flee, screaming: "We're sorry Black Pepper-sama!"

"Tch! Bastards...", you turn towards the boy, who just stands there still not knowing what was happening a moment ago, "Kiddo, don't get yourself into such a mess again, understood?" He just nods lightly. You sigh loudly, and pat his shoulder, "You owe me one, you know that... I didn't help you because I'm kind or felt pity for you. I like having favors from others, but right now I really don't know what I need... Give me your phone number, I'll contact you and ask for my favor in the future.", you didn't ask him for his phone number, you commanded him to give it to you.

The boy looks at you in shock, totally stiff, you start waving in front of his face. "Hello? Someone there? Got your brain punched out already? Phone. Number.", you demand, leaning back, placing your Shinai at its former place, tapping with your foot. He hastily searches in his school bag, then finds a notepad and a pencil, writing his number on it, hands shaking awfully. As he finished writing you snatch the paper from the boy, making him flinch.

"Kay...", you take out your phone typing the number inside, "Tch. I already have 5 contacts called 'Whimp'... Hmmm... Hey, kiddo, what's ya name?" He flinched again as you look at him, with a lightly nerved expression. "K-K-Kageyama... S-Shigeo Kageyama...", he mumbles quietly. "Too long... Then Whimp No. 6 it is.", you say, typing into your phone again. Shigeo stutters, looking at the ground, "M-Most people c-call me M-Mob..." "Oh, that's short, I'll go with that." , you say happily, relieved that it's not as long as you thought. Your and Mob's eyes meet as you raise your sight, you see him blushing lightly. Then you notice his wound.

"Sit down.", while you packing away your phone, you command to the boy, whose eyes are now filled with confusion. "I said. Sit. Down.", you repeat slowly, he starts sweating and asks, "W-Why...?" "Just sit down already.", you grab him at his shoulders enduring some pressure on him, making the boy sit on the ground, then you kneel down, leaning yourself nearer to Mob's head, making him blush darker.

"Tch, Boy, can't let you walk around like this... When somebody sees us together, me with an injured boy... Again... I'll really get into trouble this time.", you mumble to yourself, leaning back again and grabbing the bag with the goods you recently bought. Getting out a bottle of water from your bag and a tissue you start washing away the blood on his face.

The compress soaked with disinfectant, you hold it towards the boy, before you say, "Hold still. This'll be a bit painful." Mob flinches lightly and closes his eyes as the compress touched his open wound, he opens his eyes again, just to see your face near to his. Sweat drops flowing from his head rapidly, you notice it and look confused at the boy. "Why the heavy sweating? Something's wrong with ya thyroid?" He shakes his head no lightly, you decide to ignore the fact and continue on patching him up. Before you put on the patch, you lightly rubbed his wound with an ointment.

"So all patched up...", you say, standing up, dusting yourself off, with an evil grin you look at the boy, "Now you owe me TWO favors." Mob nods lightly, and stumbles:"T-Thank you... C-Can I ask y-your name?" No one that you helped before has asked for your name, they were all frightened by your strength, blushing lightly you respond: "(L/N). (Y/N) (L/N)" The male in front of you bows lightly and has a small smile on his lips. "Nice to meet you (L/N)-san. Again, thank you for saving me. But I'll have to leave now, my Master is waiting for me. Good-bye."

What about the sudden confidence? What's with this boy? You look puzzled at Mob, who heads out of the alley, you grab him at one of his shoulders, making him look at you. "I already have a favor to ask of you.", you start, "This uniform, you're from the Salt Middle School, aren't ya?" He nods nervously. "Good, you see... Not only the guys from before want to meet White T Poison, I want that too. But... I don't know how I should get any pieces of information about him, since I don't know anyone from this school. Now it's your turn, I ask of you to gather information about him, understood? I'll call ya the day after tomorrow for your first report, got it?"

Mob's eyes widen, he shivers a bit. "Eh... Y-You know... Uhh.... I'm not c-capable of that... Since... Since I..." You hold your index finger on his lips, shutting him up, letting go of his shoulder, "Oh... Kiddo... You have to, or I'll do something even worse to you than this guys could even imagine, got it? So now leave, I'll call ya.~" Going in the other direction you wave at him, not looking back.

Sometimes you can be kind... Just sometimes. But if you want to achieve your goals, you'll fight your way through it, not caring about the damages. This boy is for now just your little spy, helping you to find White T Poison. You have a chuckle for yourself as you wander home, getting a little nearer towards your goal.

.

.

"Since, I think, I am... White T Poison", Mob mumbles to himself after you've already left.