Of course, the boy was expected to join the small crowd of people in the dance room. He had nowhere else to be, and Melanie knew that. Tyler sighed and walked to the door of the dance studio and heaved it open. Melanie was the first to greet him, with the same teddy bear smile.

"Hey there, bud! Did you know that before school starts you can practice in here? S'cool, right?" the young woman seemed to be acting much more like a small girl.

Bud? was all Tyler truly registered out of the statement.

"Y-yeah. Sure." the boy placed his bag close to the door. The majority of people in the spacious room were mostly sitting on the dance floor and chatting or on their phones rather than actually practicing on the thing for its intended use, which made the skinny boy slightly agitated. And when the door slammed loudly against everyone's eardrums, it was clear that Tyler wasn't the only one who minded the misuse.

Vibrant, pink hue stood ruggedly and mighty in the doorway, stunning the students into silence (it seemed that was all the man did was stun). His mouth was turned down slightly, but his muscles flexed and his jaw clenched so tight, Tyler thought the man could pop something.

"What do you think this is, social hour?"

The room held no response and stayed dead silent.

"It's not! Now all of you, get up or get out."

The crowd scrambled to their feet, and Tyler sensed a strange deja vu moment. He stood still next to Melanie and watched the whole scene unfold before his eyes.

More than half of the room made hasty escapes, receiving nasty glares from the constructor in the process.

After the last coward exited the room, only few remained. To Tyler, the remaining had an air of confidence and cockiness combined to pass off as ambition. Tyler on the other hand, was just too frightened to leave. He already knew Joshua and him had started off on the wrong foot (which is never good when you're a dancer). He wanted to make things...level. Tyler would be kidding himself if he thought by any chance he and the impertinent, ghastly man would be anywhere close to becoming acquainted.

A slight hum greeted the dancer's ears. Joshua stood in front of the room, eyes scanning the pupils. Soon, the hum turned into a whistle, then slight murmurings. Tyler glanced around, trying to make eye contact with anyone, questioning whether this man was in fact sane. Yet, everyone stood in first position, like everything was completely normal. The boy was dumbfounded, but nonetheless joined in with the rest of his peers by standing in first position, awaiting their next instructions.

Joshua sighed dramatically, making his way back around to the front of the room.

"Well, I guess we can see what you've all got. Try to impress me." The teacher clicked on a random song that Tyler had personally never heard before, and by the scrunched noses and cocked eyebrows of the rest of the students, he wasn't alone.

"You're telling me none of you know this song?" the man turned the knob up higher, increasing the volume.

"Frank Ocean?"

Blank stares.

"Pink Matter? Channel Orange?"

More blank stares and slow shakes of the head.