chapter 11

:༅𐐪𐑂。:༅𐐪𐑂 :༅。𐐪𐑂 °

"You do know that's possibly one of the shittiest things you could have ever done, right?" I had told Trevor what I had done and of course he was scolding me for it as if I didn't already feel like shit for what happened. I've felt like shit everyday for the past week

"I know." I sigh exasperatedly.

"No, you don't. I'm all for protecting everything that you've worked hard for, but she's your wife and the mother of your child and if there's anything I've learned—it's that you just don't do that man. Not the way you did it" He shakes his head.

"Not to mention Logan's going to kill me when she finds out about this." Kill him? Surely he meant me and whether I liked to admit it or not I was petrified of that woman.

"Are you sure you don't mean me?"

"Oh no, the both of us. But I'm supposed to be looking out for Naomi and Stella. Logan doesn't trust you. I mean I did try to tell her you were a good guy, but she insisted."

"I understand..." At least I was trying to. I just hated being painted as a villain. I loved Naomi. I loved Stella and of course we still had our issues from before we got married but why was I ever the only one to be blamed? Why was I the one that got the silent treatments

"You should really talk to her."

"I've tried." I rub my temple "We haven't even slept in the same bed in days. And I know this is so much worse than not telling her about the trip with Danielle."

"Speaking of Danielle. Have you told her?"
"Elaborate"
"Have you told Naomi you used to date Danielle?"

"Nope and I'd like to keep it that way." I say sternly.

My relationship with Danielle was as brief as they came. It started out purely sexual and we tried to see if there was more, but there was absolutely no chemistry. The moment the relationship ended was the moment that we stopped sleeping together. Trevor chuckles, it's dry and humorless. I roll my eyes. What was the point in telling her. It wasn't as if I ever wanted to be with Danielle again. I had a family.

"This is only going to get worse for you."

"I can't believe he just dropped it on you like that. What an asshole! And are you sure it was his moms doing?"

I nod. I was positive it was her doing, but could I 100% blame her? She didn't force him. She didn't hold a gun to his head. He was an adult that could think for himself.

And it wasn't even the fact that he wanted one, I would have been surprised if he didn't want one sooner or later.

It was the way in which he went about it.

"So what are you going to do?"

"What can I do? I'm going to sign the papers whenever they're ready. I love him too much Erin." I sigh.

"There's a such thing as being blind in love–I'd know and from what you tell me you guys argue way too often. Do you think that's good for Stella to be around?" She had a point.

I definitely hated the fact that any of this was happening around Stella. I'd witnessed this type of fall out with my own parents and I knew I never wanted that—ever.

I didn't want that for her.

Later that night as I'm getting ready for bed Justin comes up behind me. He wraps his arms around my waist and plants a soft kiss on my neck. We weren't going to do this.

"Can we please talk?" Oh now he wants to talk. I shake my head and remove his arms from around me.

"I'm a dick, I know that, but I'm trying here Naomi. I'm not always going to say the right thing or even do the right thing, but I am trying–I really am. Please talk to me Naomi"

"And say what? I'm not the one that fucked up. You did."

"And I know that, but don't tell me you didn't see this coming?" I scoff. He was unbelievable. Was this the real Justin?

"You're right I did, but I figured it would be on your own accord. Not because of something your mother said and please don't tell me that this has nothing to do with her because I'm not stupid. It may seem like I am for being with you and letting you treat me this way, but I'm not."

"You're not stupid."

And I feel them, I can feel the tears starting to form. I was mixed with emotions. I was both sad and pissed off. I was stupid and even more so for still considering signing those papers. I'd never thought about us getting divorced.

"I don't want to talk about this." My voice cracks and just as I'm about to walk away he grabs me; pulls me into his body and whispers to me repeatedly that he's sorry.

IT'S ONLY GOING TO GET WORSE
ENJOY EVERYONE!