Stanley

-Patrick's POV-

We return home to Chicago as I continue to drag my stuff behind me. I wasn't sad anymore, Skylar was everything I needed and more and I appreciated that. I was honestly just happy to be home and able to focus back on the Blackhawks. We were still in a great position and we were ready for the playoff push. We almost made it last year and I wanted to win it this year in the worst way. I walk up to the door but heard something inside.

"Sky wait" I say blocking her from the door. She doesn't flinch but I wasn't paying enough attention to take note of it.

"Someone is in there" I whisper as I approach the door. She stands behind me with arms crossed as I unlock the door and swing it open.

I wasn't met with a burglar or a crazy fan, no. I was met with a very small German Sheppard puppy with a Patrick Kane jersey on. "Skylar! Get in here" I yell as I pick the small dog up, it was the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life.

"Surprise" she says as she comes over and pets the dog.

"Hey buddy" she coos and he really seemed to like her.

"You did not" I exclaim and she looks into my eyes.

"I did. I figured you could use a pick me up and the first day we met you said you wanted a German Sheppard. So here this little guy is" she says patting his head.

"How do you remember that" I ask in disbelief. That was well over a year ago.

"Details Pat. It didn't seem important at the time but you said it for a reason, so I listened. Now we have a dog" she laughs sitting down and I follow her actions then set the dog in my lap.

"What's his name" I ask as he curled up in my lap and sets his head down.

"You get to name him" she smiles and I nod.

"How about Stanley" I say and she giggles.

"I love it... Stanley" she repeats and his ears perk up. I guess he likes the name too.

-Skylar's POV-

"Hello" I say into the phone as I pour Stanley a bowl of kibble.

"Hey squirt" Jake says into the phone and I had to laugh. I'm still not used to him being in constant contact with me but I love it.

"Hey! Thanks for getting the dog for me. Patrick is obsessed with him. I think I have competition for cutest in the house now" I laugh.

I'm sure you do. And it's no problem, except now
my kids want one too" he laughs and I laugh along.

"Good luck with that" I say. "Anyway, wanna have dinner at my place? Come meet the fam" he asks and I nearly jump up and down out of pure excitement.

"Are you kidding... of course I do" I scream as the dog howls behind me.

He sends the address and tells me to come over whenever. I change into leggings and a nice sweater then Patrick and I head over to his house for dinner.

"You nervous" Patrick asks as we approach the door.

"A little. Mostly just afraid Stanley is going to destroy the house while we're out" I laugh and he nods. I knock on the door and my brother opens it.

"Hello and welcome to Casa De Jake" my brother says letting us in. Their place was small but nice, there was a obvious girls touch with the decorations and arrangements.

"Honey! My sister is here and so is Patrick Fucking Kane" he yells and I roll by eyes. Never Patrick, always Patrick Fucking Kane.

"Honey, I don't need the kids running around yelling 'fuck' again. The teacher didn't appreciate it last time" a woman laughs as she emerges from a room.

She was breathtakingly beautiful. She was a little taller than myself but not much older, maybe 25 max. She had dark hair and green eyes, she was so pretty.

"My name is Lucy, I've heard many good things about you" she says reaching out to shake my hand.

"I wish I could say the same" I quip back sending my dear brother a glare.

"Sorry" he mumbles and I had to laugh.

"This is my boyfriend, Patrick" I say pointing to him.

"Nice to meet you" he says shaking her hand and she nods.

"Nice to meet you too Patrick Fucking Kane" she laughs causing me to snicker. I see why she's with my brother. "Would you like to meet the kids" she offers and I nod.

We walk into a room we're two little kids played with legos or barbies on the ground. "Kids, I have someone I would like for you to meet" she says quietly and they wobble over to us. "Brad and Skylar, this is your aunt Skylar and Uncle Patrick" she says as I bend down to get even with them.

"Belle" the little girl exclaims falling into my arms. I pick her up and Patrick picks up Brad. I wanted so bad to cry because I was so happy to have actual family.

"That's not Belle sweetie" Lucy says patting her head.

"Hi cutie, how old are you" I ask and she puts up 3 fingers. Smart girl.

We play with the kids and Lucy for a little before Lucy goes to finish dinner. "I'm obsessed with these kids" I announce as Skylar sat in my lap. Patrick and Brad have been building legos for about a hour and I think Patrick was having more fun than Brad.

"I can't wait till we have kids" he mentions and I kind of look at him weirdly.

"When do you want to have kids" I ask. We knew we wanted kids, but we were both so young.

"I don't know. I don't really like planning those types of things. I'd rather just let them happen" he shrugs. We were both just 21 and still travel the country for a living. But I wanted a family of my own, I was so dead set on my future I forgot to appreciate what I have now. My niece and nephew were perfect and I already love them to death.

"I want our kids to be this adorable. I might actually steal her" I laugh. We enjoyed a nice dinner and had lots of laughs and share stories. I started to get into the concept of having my own family and I let myself enjoy it. Dinner comes to an end way too soon and we are sent on our way.

"We absolutely have to do this again" Lucy says giving me a hug. Jake did a good job with her.

"For sure. Shoot me a text anytime and I'll be there" I say before turning to my brother.

"Hey, I just wanted to say thanks again for helping me get the dog. And I also think it's cool you named Skylar after mom" I say hugging him.

"Actually... I named her after you. You're going to do great things Sky. You change people. I want my daughter know she can make a difference too" he says letting me go. I let a tear go because that meant so much to me and nodded my head.

"Thanks Jake, for everything. I'm glad you're back in my life" I sniffle and he smiles.

"Go get 'em kid" he says to Patrick and he too nods his head. We were off to make a playoff run and win the first Stanley cup in 49 years.