Chapter 4 (Grandma's story)

Sofia's POV:

I woke up around 6 pm. My throat is intensely dry that's why i decided to go downstairs. I saw mom making her way upstairs.

"Sofia, it's time for dinner, go to the dining room now. I'm just gonna call your father and your brother." She said

"Okay mom" i answered shortly then i make my way to the dining room.

I saw grandma preparing the table.

"Let me help granny" i said smiling at her.

"Sure dear" she said smiling

While we're preparing ,we are talking to each other.

"Granny, there are no monsters in this place right ?" I asked her seriously.

She just smiled at me.

"My friends told me that most rural areas have many monsters wandering around specially at night" i uttered a little bit scared.

"Dear , monsters don't exist. It's just an illusion which purpose is to scare everyone." Grandma smiled at me.

" But let me tell you a story about a boy whose girlfriend died in that balete tree near our house. Do you want to listen?" She asked me

I nod " Yes grandma, i want to listen"

Grandma gave out a deep sigh then she starts to speak.

"3 years ago, there was a boy who lived a few kilometers away . He is well known for his skills in kick boxing. He is a monster when it comes to that game. But inside, he is so helpful and his heart is so soft. Not just that, he is also a good looking guy. Many girls fall in love with him but none of them catch his eyes"

"But why lola? " i asked her full of curiosity

"I don't know, maybe she's looking for a unique girl" grandma smiled.

" Suddenly, a new girl arrived at this small place. This girl is so sweet and innocent .

She is like a fallen angel from up above. The boy's heart skipped a beat when he saw the new girl. He unexpectedly fall in love with her.

One day while he was strolling around the sea , the girl saw him then she talk to him. He can't believe the girl did it. His heart was filled with happiness. After that day they became closer, until there comes a time that the girl told the boy her true feelings that she was inlove with him.

The boy was so happy, he told her the same thing. After that confession, they became lovers. They were so sweet to each other. Happiness never leave them everyday. It seems like they owned the whole world.

Their first anniversary came, so they decided to see each other that night on the seashore.

At exactly 7 pm the boy went to the shore. He was waiting for the girl out there.

3 hours passed by, still the girl was not there . The boy felt nervous . Where could she be?

He waited till midnight but still the girl did not come so went home hopeless.

A sob woke him up that morning. It was his mother. Her eyes is full of loneliness. He asked him what happened then she just give him the news. Upon reading the newspaper, his heart stopped beating for a while. His tears fall down like raindrops. He can't believe it! It's not true! That news is fake! He stormed out of his room and run hurriedly to the girl's house.

Hope abandoned him when he saw a coffin on the sala. The girl's mother came to him crying

"It's not- it's not her right?" He asked shaking.

"I'm sorry but it's really her." Her mother said crying. "She asked us a permission that night that she'll go to the shore to see you , since it's your anniversary we agreed. But that morning, the police came to our house and told us the news. That- that she is raped by a group of young men and her body is found at the balete tree" her mother cried loudly.

"That's the reason why she did not come! I failed to pro- protect her! " the boy's voice broke.

He went to his girlfriend's coffin . He kneeled and cried so hard right there. Pain, so much pain, that's what he feels. How could he live with out her? How could he? "

I was speechless after listening to her story.

Grandma sighed again.

"Grandma , that story was so heartbreaking" i said sadly.

"Yes it is dear," grandma uttered.

After a few moment, mom, kuya and dad suddenly arrived.

"Oh yeah- a delicious dinner!" Kuya said with a big grin on his face.

"Shall we eat now? Im really hungy" Dad uttered

"Sure" all of us answered.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

After dinner, we stayed at the sala and talk about lots of things.

After few hours, we went to each of our rooms.

I jumped into my bed and then I fall into a deep sleep