Chapter 27 (edited)

Start from the beginning

“Thank you, and nice to meet you Nick,” I smiled lightly.

“Nick have you taken care of…you know, for tonight?” Dacre asked.

“Yes Sire,” Nick said bowing his head.

“Good, you may go get to know Violet now,” Dacre said dismissing us.

            We walked out of the room and I kept my distance from Nick remembering what Tim warned me about.

“I don’t bite,” Nick smiled revealing his fangs.

“If you tried, you would fail,” I assured.

“I love feisty girls,” Nick laughed.

“Shut up,” I growled.

“We are going to the woods so I can speed us there or we can walk at this snail pace,” Nick said.

“I prefer snail pace,” I said with an attitude.

            Nick shook his head, grabbed my arm, pulled me into him, threw me over his shoulder and sped us to the woods.  He put me down and I fumed.

“What the hell was that?” I shouted.

“You were tiring me,” Nick said dismissing me.

            Nick stiffened and sniffed the air and seconds later sped ahead, and I heard a blood curdling scream moments later. I rushed to the sound and saw Nick feeding on an innocent woman. I charged Nick and pushed him off the woman and checked for a heartbeat. Before I knew it Nick grabbed me and threw me aside with one swipe and I hit a tree stump. I looked up a bit dazed and saw him finishing her off. I looked away and stood up, heading back towards the castle. I noticed I cut the side of my stomach, and cursed. Vampires were like sharks; once they got the scent of blood they went on a feeding frenzy. I ran back to the castle and realized I just ran to a place filled with Vampires that probably would kill me if they didn’t have self-control. I couldn’t even go to Andrew because he still struggled with it. I ran up to the courtyard and the car was still there and I silently said thank you. I opened the door and got in, and looked for the keys. Finding them I jammed them in and pulled out of the courtyard and drove to town. I remembered Tim showing us the equivalent to a CVS, all I needed was a needle some thread and peroxide…but I didn’t have any money on me. I cursed and started to walk back to the car when I saw Tim.

“Why did you steal the car?” Tim asked and felt stupid once he saw my shirt.

“Yeah,” I said.

“You need stitches?” Tim asked.

“Yeah, I was going to buy a needle and thread and peroxide but then I realized I didn’t have any money,” I said.

“Wait here and I will buy it,” Tim said.

            Tim came back after five minutes and I pulled my shirt up and Tim threaded the needle for me while I poured some peroxide over the cut. He handed it to me and I did my best to stitch myself, and Tim offered to help after he saw the pour job I was doing.

“How do you know how to stitch a person up?” I asked.

“I once thought I wanted to be a doctor, and I learned the basics and learned it wasn’t for me,” Tim said as he finished up.

“Thanks.”

            Tim drove us back to the castle and Dacre was waiting there with Andrew, Daniel and Nick. When we got out Dacre was tense.

“Why did you steal the- is that blood I smell?” Dacre asked.

“Yes, Nick took me to the woods, attacked a woman, I tried to stop him, he threw me, I got cut, I had to stitch myself up so I wouldn’t get killed by you guys,” I replied trying to stay calm.

“Nick, is this true?” Dacre hissed.

“She tried to stop me!” Nick exclaimed.

“I gave strict orders for no one to feed while they were here. You need blood, you get it from the fridge,” Dacre growled.

“Do you know how hard it is to be around her? I want to tear her apart!” Nick explained.

“Then stay away,” Dacre threatened, “Violet I am so sorry. The last thing we ever wanted was to scare you. I hope you aren’t too hurt,” Dacre said.

“I will be fine,” I assured.

“Nick, you are not to see Violet. Daniel you are now the go to person if Violet needs anything,” Dacre ordered and sped off.

“Violet, can I ask you something?” Andrew asked as everyone went his separate way.

“Sure, what’s up?”

“If you were in trouble, why didn’t you come to me?” Andrew asked offended.

“Don’t make me say it,” I begged.

“Say it,” Andrew demanded.

“Because you have issues with control and I didn’t want to put you or myself in a bad position,” I explained.

“That’s what I thought,” Andrew said and walked ahead of me.

“Come on, don’t rush off,” I said catching up to him as he walking in our room, “You are nothing like Nick. You are good Andrew, you always have been and

always will be,” I smiled.

“How can you be so sure? What if I am bad?” Andrew questioned.

“You aren’t. Don’t let anyone ever make you think that,” I said.

            Dinner that evening, we walked in to see humans next to Vampires. Andrew and I sat in the same seats we sat in the other night and servants came in and served the food. Dacre and everyone talked as if it were normal. Daniel was one of the servants who served the meals and took our plates away. Dacre was talking to a woman who was very attractive, and Nick was talking to a woman who looked to be the same age. There was a Vampire next to every human. I had a bad feeling that they were going to end up being dinner…Andrew caught my eyes and then caught Dacre’s. Daniel came in and escorted me out as a girl, my age walked in and took my seat.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

“I don’t even want to say it,” Daniel said.

“They’re dinner,” I said.

“I am sorry, that is why I took you out. Dacre told me to excuse you once you were done,” Daniel explained.

“The girl who took my seat was for Andrew?” I asked trying not to be sick.

“He is supposed to kill her, it’s a test,” Daniel said.

“No! I have to get him out of there!”  I exclaimed as Daniel held me from running.

“Please! Stop, I don’t want you to get killed,” Daniel said.

“I don’t care! I need to get Andrew out of there!” I screamed.

“He already knows what he is supposed to do,” Daniel said.

“That’s why he asked if he was a bad person,” I said as I stopped struggling.

“Go to your room."