Chapter Two: The Beginning

It started a few months ago, things were getting hard at home, I started self harming. The pain felt good, like it was relieving me somehow. My friends tried helping stop but they really didn't understand me, the only person who did understand me was Jay, or so I thought. You see, me and Jay met on-line when I was at my lowest, he persuaded me that he could help me if I ran away with him. I didn't understand how stupid I was being.

I was waiting by the bus stop "Autumn?" I heard a deep, smooth voice say softly, I smile, yes I was blessed with a beautiful unique name, I turn to the boy, around seventeen years of age. I, myself was sixteen years of age, I smile confidently at him. He was beautiful, god like, sent from the angels, ice-blue eyes, mid-length red hair. I feel his arms wrap tightly around my waist and feel shivers go down my spine as he kisses my cheek, I didn't know whether this felt safe or dangerous but it was my only way of escaping my 'dreadful' reality.

I look like a completely different person, I'm normally really bubbly and girly but right now I've got heavy goth-like makeup on, Gothic and depressed like clothes on, enough to make anyone feel depressed so it helped me stay in character. Jay looked like a goth who couldn't be bothered to dye his hair, luckily my hair was already a dark brown, almost black. He had his arms around me, my head resting on his shoulder, we looked like the most perfect, yet depressed couple around. I heard him lightly snoring and pulled out my ipod, I turned it on and started listening to my favourite song 'Small Bump' by Ed Sheeran, it made me cry every time but this would be perfect to add the finishing touch to my depressed image and make up. This song had always been personal to me as my mother lost my sister at three hours old, I felt the lukewarm tears rush down my cheeks. I feel my mascara smudge, trailing after my tears, I don't bother lifting my hand to wipe them away, it'd just take up even more of the little energy I had left.