preface

-

-

"Shannon Holbrook, patient 213. Today is October 13th 2016 and it is 7:34PM. How are you feeling today, Shannon?" The man in a white coat had asked, pushing his specks further up the bridge of his nose.

"Tired.'' She wearily replied, blinking rapidly. "But I-I can't go to sleep."

The man in the coat stared at her, making her feel insane. She wasn't.

Dr. Wells has brought Shannon in and out of his office questioning her the same things for exactly two weeks now.

Shannon hasn't slept ever since.

"Is it because of the man with the burned face, Shannon?" He placed the recorder on his desk.

The girl swallowed hard, her throat dry and scratchy. She tucked a messy strand of brown hair behind her ear as tears brimmed her hazel brown eyes.

"He's going to kill me and my friends." She whimpered softly. "When I close my eyes, I see him... At a blue house, standing there. He wanted me to come closer."

"Shannon, you do realize the reason for your nightmares is because of the lack of sleep you've had the past fourteen days you've been staying at Norwick?"

"He tried to kill me. I saw him, look." She whimpered, folding her sleeve up, intending to show him the bloodied slash that was left on her arm, but it was gone. "That's impossible.. I-I was bleeding."

Dr. Wells sighed, his head low in disappointment in no one but himself. Shannon was an ordinary teenage girl, who lived a normal life. He couldn't believe her insomnia would take her over this badly. Dr. Wells wrote her down as a lucid dreamer, someone who could somehow control their dreams if they had the power to. Shannon could do exactly that, only the horrific images in her head could not be of her control.

''Shannon, have you ever had any traumatic experiences? Something that could have left you to think this way."

She shook her head, tears brimming in her eyes.

"What else happens.. In these dreams with the man?"

"When I walked into the blue house, I saw a little girl. The little girl was me, when I was six years old. There were two other little girls in the room with me, it looked like a-a classroom."

"What were these girls doing?" He spoke softly, furrowing his eyebrows.

"They were playing jump rope, and they sang.. They sang this song, they chanted it." Shannon shakily said, looking down at her hands.

"Do you remember what they sang, Miss Holbrook?"

"Mm-mhm." She muttered, her eyelids feeling heavy. Repeatedly, Shannon reminded herself not to go to sleep.

"Shannon, what did they sing?" He asked again.

She stared at him darkly, an ominous feeling as the words had left her chapped lips.

"One, two, Freddy's coming for you, three, four, better lock your door." Shannon rocked back and forth lightly, as she fearfully sang the words that echoed in her fried brain.

"Five, six, grab your crucifix.." She cried, a tear streaming down her face.

"Seven, eight, gonna stay up late." Shannon murmured, Dr. Wells staring at her in confusion and fear.

"Nine, ten, never sleep again."

"What does the song mean to you, Shannon?"

"I-I don't know.. But it's like the little girls were warning me. Freddy.. Freddy is a bad man." She shook her head vigorously.

"Freddy is not real, Shannon. The faster you can realize that, the better you'll get, the more you'll realize.. There is nothing to be afraid about."

"He said he would kill all of us." She whispered. "I can't.. I can't let that happen."

"Freddy is nothing but a figure of your imagination, Shannon. Look, we'll give you something that'll help you sleep tonight and you won't feel a thing. You'll feel better in the morning, I assure you that."

"No! No, please. You can't let me go back there.. Please, doctor." She sobbed shakily, her heart dropping in realization that they would put her to sleep.. Send her back to that place.

"If you fight this, Shannon. I'm afraid I'll have to call in the nurses." He stood up from his desk, frowning at the girl who shrunk in her seat. "You will be okay, Shannon. You're in the safest facility, away from any harm at all. Freddy is not real."

Shannon sat in silence, her eyes on the painted white wall across from her.

"Can you repeat that for me before we go, Shannon?"

"Freddy.. Is not real." She whispered softly, before doctor had stopped the recorder.

-

-

_________________________________

-

-

A/N:

-

writing this bc halloween is soon :))) i wanted to write something spooky to get into the spirit so yeah !! This is obviously based off the movie, and I've only seen one out of the many so pls excuse me if i make any wrong references lol

This'll be a short and quick book, that'll end within ten chapters at the most!

Pls vote and comment, thx thx

-

- Mia ♡