Jeclan short story

Jordan's POV

"Jordan."

I groaned and rolled over, throwing a pillow at that someone.

Only to feel a pillow being thrown back in my face.

Hard. I didn't know pillows hurt so much.

But only someone would do that.

Declan. 

I opened my eyes to find Declan standing beside the bed, glaring down at me. I grinned lazily at him. "Whaddya doing?" Then I proceeded to throw another pillow at him. 

Declan slowly approached me. "You. Are. So. Dead." And he started chasing me around the base. I smiled to myself. Exactly what I wanted.

I ran around Declan and stole the piece of pizza he was holding in his hand. He lunged for it, but I had already stuffed it in my mouth. 

Then I started laughing really hard. I laughed so hard, I was rolling on the floor clutching my stomach with tears streaming down my face. All the while, Declan was shaking his hand vigorously, trying to get rid of my saliva.

He had taken the pizza out of my mouth. I had no idea why I was laughing so hard, especially when I got him disgusted. Maybe I was just masking my embarrassment.

"That was for eating without me," I said, still giggling.

"You would've eaten everything up, you greedy pig," Declan retorted.

"Selfish pig."

"Lazy ass."

"Douchebag."

"Jerk."

We continued to play this game for quite a while, but every time I insulted him I would feel bad. I shook my head. I shouldn't feel bad, especially since there was no way Declan liked me back. 

A miracle happened.

Dun-dun-dun!

I just saw hesitance in his eyes. No way, I thought. But still, this was the first time Declan acted like this. So I stopped and stared at him.

Instead of retorting something like usual, Declan stopped too and stared back at me.

            --------------------------

We were sitting on the couch a while later with Bennett and Naomi, eating more pizza. There was an awkward silence between the both of us. Bennett and Naomi must've noticed, since their eyes kept darting between Declan and I. But they didn't say anything.

Later, Bennett and Naomi ditched the base, probably to let the both of us talk. I rolled my eyes. I was so gonna get revenge. Basically, I was gonna pull a prank.

Declan saw me rolling my eyes and snickered. So I turned and rolled my eyes at him. And he rolled his eyes back.

Both of us smiled the tiniest bit. It was still a little awkward, but it was good for a start.

But just then I realised that Declan was staring at me. Not glaring, which is what he usually did too often, but just plain staring.

Staring with heat in his eyes.

I gulped, nervous. Uh-oh. So much for a good start.

Never had I felt so awkward in my life. I was always the prankster and joker in the group, and I was the hottest too... well maybe after Declan. But I was the life of the group, and I wa-

Shut up Jordan, I told myself. Focus. But I wasn't so good at that.

And all the while when I was rambling in my mind I was staring back at Declan. Which means the staring competition had been going on for quite a while.

Declan cleared his throat and broke the eye contact. I bit my lip. Shit. How could I have possibly thought that he was gay too? Now our friendship was ruined for good.

Declan's POV

I was having a staring contest with Jordan. And with each passing second I was more and more sure that Jordan liked me too. So sure that I opened my mouth to confess my feelings for him.

Don't say it. Not now. 

Holy shit. I caught myself in time and looked away from him.

There was a distant look in Jordan's eyes while he was looking at me. Which possibly means he didn't know what he was doing.

But this can't go on forever. I would always like him. If I don't say anything, I'll never know the truth.

I took a deep breath.

"I-"

Jordan glanced at me. We had just said the same thing.

Jordan's POV

I should probably say something.

"I-" I said, and at the exact same time Declan said that too.

Both of us turned red, apparently embarrassed.

"You go first," I offered, and Declan mock-glared at me. 

"I," he started, nervous. I looked at him encourgingly.

"Like."

Food? Money? Girls? Himself? Teddy bears? Pizza? Chicken wings? Me? I waited eagerly for an answer.

"Umm" Not exactly what I was looking for.

"Burgers," Nooooooooooooooooo.

So he didn't like me. He liked burgers. And he got awkward because of it. I was so upset, I almost felt like crying. Actually, I was already crying. Tears was threatening to spill out.

"You."

Huh?

I looked at Declan. Did he really just say that?

"What did you say?" I asked, wondering if I needed to check my ears.

"I like you." Declan said, although this time he was much more uncomfortable.

Declan's POV

"What did you say?" Jordan asked me, looking bewildered. 

Uh-oh. I shouldn't have said that. 

But still, I repeated what I said.

Jordan's eyes widened, and I braced myself for the worst.

He smiled.

"Me too."

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Did you like this story? Oh btw I added the picture at the top of this story coz I thought 'Jeclan' rhymes with 'chicken'. I'm sorry if that offended anyone. Leave me some ideas for the Parkomi ship scene! Baii

Yan Yu