Chapter 7: The Group Of Boys

Start from the beginning

"There's a park not too far from here." Alvar said.

And she was right.

We had to walk another block before we came up to a small park. I froze as I saw Zearing Park on the sign.

"What's wrong?" Kenword asked as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

I sighed. "This was the park that my parents took me and my siblings too every weekend."

"We can go find a different place if you want." Alvar suggested.

I shook my head. "No. It's fine. Better get used to this feeling sooner than later."

I shrugged off Kenword's hand and walked towards a giant oak tree that was near a bench.

As Kenword, Alvar, and Maximus sat on the bench, I hopped up on a branch and leaned against the trunk of the tree with my eyes closed and my hands behind my head.

"Over here Timmy!" I heard a girl voice.

My eyes popped open and I swiveled on the branch.

I smiled as I saw my parents with Sammy and Timmy.

How did I not see them?

"Nice throw!" Mom said proudly as she clapped.

I chuckled as I saw Sammy throw with her tongue sticking out.

She always did that when she was concentrating.

I clapped slightly as Timmy caught the ball.

"Why are you clapping?" Maximus asked laughing.

I looked down and they were all staring at me.

I chuckled and pointed towards my family. "The twins are Sammy and Timmy. They are my brother and sister. And the lady in the red shirt is my mom and the man in the white sox shirt is my dad."

"They look like a loving family." Alvar smiled.

I nodded as I continued to watch them throw the ball. "They are."

"Do you miss them?" Kenword asked quietly.

"Every day." I smiled sadly. "But I would do that all over again. Just knowing that they get to have a life and grow old. It makes me happy."

"Sammy?" Mom asked as she walked up to her. "Where did you get that necklace?"

"Kasey gave them to us." Sammy smiled as Timmy and her showed mom.

"What?" My dad asked shocked.

"She must have left them for us before she died and we just didn't find them until now." Timmy answered. "They are to remind us that she is our guardian angel and that she is always watching over us."

My mom smiled as she quickly wiped a tear away and hugged them both. "You two are right. Kasey is always with us. No matter where we are at."

"I wanted to give them something so that they never doubted that I wasn't here." I explained with a small smile.

"That was beautiful." Alvar smiled. "You are going to be a wonderful guardian angel."

"You think?" I asked.

"Uh duh." Kenword laughed. "You can kick ass and you are one of the kindest people that we know."

I laughed and turned back to my family. I feel like a stalker. Watching them from a tree where they can't see me and such. But it is my family after all.

After watching them for about an hour, they started to pack up.

My shoulders slumped when I saw them start to walk away.