Clarity (A Dylan O'brien fanfic)

I'm gonna try and keep this very basic and to the point, hello my name is Aria Mercer, I live in Phoenix, Arizona with my Dad. Don't ask about my mom, I was adopted when I was 2 by my dad who had just gotten divorced. I hate snakes, I love music, sports, and my older brother Kyle. He's 23 and has a loft in Palos Verdes, CA. I'm 17 and have gone through 10 pairs of headphones in 5 months

It's been five years since I've literally seen my brother Kyle. This isn't some sob story ill tell you that. My dad and Kyle just never really got along well I guess. In about 2 hours I was to catch my 6:30 am flight to CA to be reunited with my brother. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.

My alarm clock rang at 2:45 am giving me just enough time to change into black yoga pants, converse, and a grey Stanford sweatshirt since its been pretty rainy in SoCal. My dad unwillingly drove me to the airport, and after reminding me countless times that I didn't have to go we finally pulled to my terminal. We had said our goodbyes in the car and hugged as I walked into the airport.

Truthfully after watching Snakes on a Plane I've been terrified of planes. My best friend bobby made me watch it with him. Worst decision of my life. Luckily it was only about a 2 hour flight to LAX. Kyle was waiting with his best friend Jason when I got there

"I've missed you so much!" Kyle whispered hugging me.

"I've missed you too!" I smiled back, "Jason! I can't believe you came with him to pick me up!"

"Yeah well when Kyle told me you were coming I new I had to be here to see you!"

Jason and Kyle have been best friends since I can remember they've been like my two body guards basically. The last time I saw Kyle I was 12 and he was barely 17, he had a steady job at the local Starbucks while doing night school online.

We pulled up to Kyle and Jason's loft which sat on a hillside over looking Palos Verdes, how he was able to afford this I really don't know honestly.

"Oh hey Aria you're not a huge Dylan O'brien fan are you?" Jason asked before unlocking the door.

"Are you kidding me, he's so beautiful it's honestly just amazing how perfect one human being can be. Why?" I stated with no joking tone in my voice.

"Well this should be interesting." Kyle whispered.

Their loft was nice 3 bedroom 2 bath, with a nice cozy fireplace. Kyle set my suitcase down I guess what was to be my room. It was white with blue trim, a closet, and 2 beds?

"Um Kyle why are there 2 beds?" I pointed to the extra bed on the other side of the room.

"So I guess we're roomies now." A strangely familiar voice smirked throwing a grey jansport backpack on the second bed.

"Holy crap."
And that's how Dylan O'brien became my roommate