Chapter 9

The next day, when Harry woke up, he panicked. The room in which he lay was bathed in a dim yellow light, coming from the one tiny window in the room. The walls were a dark green, but the carpet and ceiling were white. In the corner was a plush armchair and near that was a small black door which Harry assumed lead to a bathroom. He nearly screamed when something next to him moved. That was when he realised it was Draco, and he was in Draco's room, and all of yesterdays events came flooding back to him. Ginny. That nearly brought on another bought of tears, but he'd cried so much that his body ached and he didn't want to cry any more. So he did the next best thing and cuddled into Draco more and drifted back off to sleep.

It was Draco who woke next, and when he looked over he saw Harry's messy mop of hair, rumpled clothes, and lines on his face where his glasses pressed against him in the night. Harry was on his side so Draco carefully manoeuvred his glasses off his face and onto the night stand. It was odd to see Harry with his guard down but Draco appreciated the fact that not many people got to see this part of Harry, and he smiled before quietly crawling off the bed to sort himself out in the bathroom so he'd be presentable when Harry woke.

He'd brushed his teeth and had just finished with his hair when he heard movement in the bedroom and pocked his head out to see a disgruntled Harry sitting up. He unconsciously smiled at Harry, who proceeded to flash him a sleepy grin in return. That is, until yesterday caught up to him again and he buried his face in his hands. Draco rushed over, unsure what to say. Clearly today was not a day that he should use his plan. Harry was too vulnerable, and despite the Slytherin side of him saying it was the perfect opportunity, he squashed it. He wanted Harry to like him in his own time. Of course, a little flirting in the mean time never hurt anyone, but Draco personally felt that doing so at this moment was certainly not acceptable or proportionate. So he settled with compassion instead. More of a Hufflepuff value, but somewhat important all the same.

"Harry, if you want to talk..." Draco started but Harry just groaned.

"I'd better get going if I'm going to make to it breakfast" Harry said. Draco nodded and watched as he gathered his things silently. Harry glanced and Draco and managed a hoarse "Thanks" before the tears came back again. He walked towards the door but Draco was already there with his arms around Harry, who crumbled in his arms.

"Why don't you just stay here today?" Draco whispered. He heard Harry sniffle, and felt him nod so Draco guided him to the armchair and set him down.

"I'm sorry" Harry laughed a little, "This is pathetic." But Draco just shook his head. "Your feelings are valid Harry. I don't know what's wrong, but you're allowed to feel this way. It's okay."

Harry looked at Draco, clearly questioning his motives and sanity, he was being nice and there was nothing in it for him. "I thought you just wanted to sleep with me" Harry's worn out brain was struggling to keep up.

"No!" Draco was shocked. "No. I do not just want to sleep with you." He said as he stood back up and smoothed out his robes, replacing his emotionless Malfoy mask again. "I have to go to class since we've already missed breakfast, but you're welcome to stay here. There are books in the box under the bed – there's not a bookshelf so I store them under there." He clarified at Harry's questioning look. Then he got up and proceeded to locate his school books for the day, which were haphazardly places on various places around the room.

Draco had everything gathered and was about to leave before he heard a faint. 'Draco' The first thing that went through Draco's head was he's never called me that before. But Harry had bigger problems right now and he needed a friend, not a boyfriend. Was he even gay? Shut up Draco, listen to him! So Draco turned around. 'Yes?' Harry looked down at his shoes which could barely touch the floor from the huge chair he was slumped in. 'Can you stay with me? I know you have to go to class but I'd love the company and I don't want to see Ron because-'. 'Of course I'll stay with you, Harry. All you have to do it ask'. Another confused look appeared on Harry's face, but Draco ignored it in favour of placing his school books on his floor and moving to crouch next to the bed to pull out the wooden box – with no lid – books crammed in every which way.

Draco began humming a quiet tune as he skimmed his fingers over the binding of the books, reading each until stopping and going back a few to pick out a small one bound in green leather. Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger read the binding. He turned to Harry after dusting the binding off, 'Do you want one?' he offered, gesturing to the box of books. 'Sure, just toss me anything'. This time Draco spent a little longer peering over the box of novels, until selecting a larger book with yellow binding that read Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.

Draco handed it over and then settled himself on the bed, feet stuck out in front of him. He then reached to his bedside table and produced a pair of glasses. They had thick black rims on the top and temples, with thinner gold rims on the bottom. Harry gaped, 'You wear glasses?!'. The blonde boy slowly looked up at Harry, tilting his head down as to look over the glasses, and his face held a mix of amusement and his usual arrogance, which Harry was oddly comforted to see. 'Well it appears you aren't blind after all Potter' he replied with a slight smile quirking up at the side of his mouth, and Harry decided he liked Draco like this. Relaxed and joking, and arrogant of course, but that was part of his charm. At first Harry wanted to hide that thought away, but he wanted to be more honest with himself, so he left it be. Which led to the brain fart which led to the utterly humiliating words that tumbled out of his mouth. 'They look good'. TOO HONEST HARRY, TOO HONEST, RED ALERT, ABORT MISSION! But Draco just gave him a little smile and looked back at his book before folding the corner of the page and placing it next to him, and the glasses on top of the book. 'I don't doubt that' Draco replied. At which Harry just rolled his eyes. He then went back to trying to read his book, but could feel Draco watching him.

Eventually Harry looked back up again and Draco was still watching. 'What?' Harry said. 'I just-nothing, nothing, never mind'. The Slytherin suddenly had his head back in his book, although the glasses were still in the bed. 'Draco, if you know anything about me then you know I'm as stubborn as they come. You may as well tell me now before the both of us become frustrated'. They both knew that was true, and Draco sighed. 'I well hmm'. The raven haired boy looked at him pointedly. 'Right, well, I guess from the beginning of term I've kind of been messing with you, trying to get your attention, but do I really have to say?' 'Yes' 'Ugh fine. I've just not really had time to sit and look at you, you're, well, you're not so bad on the eyes Potter.' he finished, seemingly happy with more or less avoiding the question. 'What the hell did all that mean?'. Draco half heartedly glared, 'I've said all I'm going to say, and I've given you the answer, so kindly allow me to go back to my reading'.

'Draco, Draco, Draco, Dracoooooooooo-'

'WHAT?!'

'I'm stubborn'

'I'm aware'

'No, you idiot. I mean I'm not dropping this'

'Yes you are'

'Nope'

'Make me'

Draco's head snapped up, and Harry, sensing the double meaning, turned furiously red as Draco smirked. 'You really want me to make you?'. Harry took the time to think about it. 'Perhaps'. And of course that was when Harry connected the dots and understood what Draco had been trying to say. 'Hang on, you, you've been trying to get my attention, and, what was it? I'm not so bad on the eyes? Draco, are you attracted to me? Do you like me?!'

A/N I've gotten quite a few positive comments so I really have tried to keep writing. I hope you guys enjoy this, votes and comments are wonderful!!! Even if they are little improvements, I'm so tired rn so I'm sure there are errors, so even pointing those out is helpful. Right well I'm off to write the next chapter or two while I've got the motivation. Be back soon xx H

PS. This should be a link to the picture of the glasses I failed miserably at describing, sorry 'bout that -

http://pentsou.com/shadesoriginals/P/p8733clr-gd-fv.jpg