Chapter 4

A/N Chapter 4 already!! I'm feeling really good about this story and I enjoy writing it. This first part is Draco's feeling during the previous chapter in the Great Hall - sorry if its confusing to be switching back and forth but I wanted to include his emotions. I hope you like it!! 

Draco couldn't help but stare at Harry in the Great Hall. He just looked so cute when he stared off at nothing or laughed with his friends. When Harry looked at him, he was even more entranced. Even from this distance Draco could see Harry's light green eyes which drew Draco in so he couldn't escape, not that he had wanted to. When Harry tore his eyes away, Draco felt his stomach drop, disappointment flooded through him. He'd thought he was getting through to Potter, but it appeared not. However when Harry had stood up and stormed off, Draco had felt like he'd frozen over. He couldn't fathom how he had annoyed or offended Harry, and all of a sudden the cold dispersed and was replaced with burning heat when he knew he had upset him. Draco was unable to eat any more, so he sat in silence as his friends bickered around him. 

-------------- 

The next morning Harry woke up. He had gone to be early, so he felt wide awake when he finally woke up. He glanced around him and Ron, Neville, Seamus, and Dean were in their beds. Harry was grateful they hadn't woken him up, but he was a heavy sleeper anyway. Despite the time, he pulled on his robes and gathered his books for the day and headed down to the common room. As he entered the room, a red headed girl sitting on the couch glanced at him. It was, of course, Ginny who ran up to him and enveloped him in a hug before kissing him roughly. Harry was confused at first but realised with a start that Ginny was still his girlfriend and had been for a few months now. He felt guilty, not having thought of her once since boarding the train to Hogwarts. He had been to preoccupied with Malfoy - but as soon as he though of the Slytherin he pushed the unwelcome thoughts out of his head and focused on his girlfriend. 

He smiled at her as she dragged him to the couch to sit with her. They talked for a while about boring school things, and Harry found it incredibly hard to concentrate on whatever Ginny was saying about Potions 101. Finally people started coming down from the dorms, giving Harry a chance to excuse himself to talk to Ron. While approaching Ron, he saw Hermione walking down the stairs from the girls dorms, but she started running when she caught sight of Harry who jerked back and headed to the door. Despite Hermione's calls behind him, he walked briskly until he turned onto a corridor that he knew no one came down.  

Harry slumped against the wall and placed his books on the cold stone floor next to him. He sat there without moving and nearly fell asleep before a couple of voices coming down the hall startled him awake. He scrambled to gather his books and walked backwards further into the corridor to avoid detection. Without warning he slammed into something hard behind him, causing him to drop all his books. He crouched down to pick them up, not bothering to look behind him because he presumed he had crashed into the wall. That is, before someone cleared their throat and he looked behind him and was looking once again into the grey eyes of Malfoy. Malfoy was the last person he wanted to see, though Hermione was a close second. He sighed and turned back to collect his books, at which point Malfoy bent down to help him. Malfoy, seeing his chance, reached down to grab the same book as Harry and their hands brushed lightly. When they did, the Gryffindor boy snapped his head up angrily, and seeing the expression on Malfoy's face knew he had done it on purpose. 

Unable to control his rage and sudden rush of an unrecognisable emotion any longer, Harry sprung at Malfoy tackling him to the ground, raised his arm, and brought it down right on Malfoy's face, once, twice - lucky for Malfoy, Professor Snape appeared at the end of the corridor right at that moment, and used his wand to separate the boys and pin them on opposite sides of the corridor. Malfoy had a split lip and his eye was swollen, but Harry was only a little ruffled. Snape grabbed them by their robes and stalked towards the spiral staircase to Dumbledore's office. He took such big, fast steps that he practically dragged the boys along behind him. They got to the staircase and climbed on, Snape muttered the password 'chocolate frogs' and they were propelled upwards. 

The moving stopped and they were dropped off at a long hallway made of stone. A huge wooden door was thrown open a little ways down the hall on the left and Dumbledore peered out, clearly expecting them. "Come in boys" Dumbledore beckoned, "Professor Snape, you best hurry along or your class may start without you!" the headmaster chuckled at this. Harry and Malfoy walked briskly into Dumbledore's office.