"Well, Daniel was moping ever since they got here. Feeling home sick I guess? And he was a weakling, because he gave in with everything you'd ask him to do. Example, Seth would ask him to get him water and he will. Such simple things. And so, one night, they dragged Daniel to the bar and I was there too, interviewing people in the VIP section. And Daniel sat on the far end of a couch and he was staring at his beer so I walked up to him and asked for a picture. He politely said yes and we talked after that. He didn't say much actually. I did all the talking. And then these boys, were drunk. REALLY, REALLY DRUNK." Tinuro niya si Seth, Kats, Lester at JC. "They said we should go back to the hotel. I overheard JC talking to Daniel and his exact words were Get into her pants." She winked at JC. Siguro kung ako sinabihan nun, uupakan ko na si JC. Habang yung mga lalaki naman, natatauhan sa mga sinasabi nung babae. Para bang fuma-flashback din. Si DJ din ganun. Tapos ako, nakikinig lang. "So, they left us a condom and DJ just nodded and he ushered the boys to go. They left and I told Daniel that I have a boyfriend. He immediately threw the condom and said, quote, unquote... I miss my girlfriend. And then he started bawling his eyes out." Everybody looked at DJ and he was hugging a cushion. "He cried for hours and hours telling me about this girl. He kept saying he misses his baby and he hates his job for taking  him away from her. He cried and cried and I was just there listening. The sun came up and he finally decided to stop, he stripped down and messed up his hair. Because he wanted the boys to think we did it. So, I messed up my hair, my makeup and my clothing. And it really looked like we had sex. But we didn't. He immediately fell asleep because of his swollen eyes and that's when I left." She shrugged. "I THOUGH YOU TOLD THEM!" She playfully slapped DJ. Umiling lang si Dj at tinakpan yung mukha niya.

"I can't think straight." He murmured. Tapos yung mga lalaki, nakanga nga as in sobrang gulat na gulat sa nalaman nila. Well for once, naisahan sila ni DJ. Tapos lahat sila tumingin sakin. As if waiting for my reaction. But I was still digesting what the girl said.

He didn't cheat on me.

He loved me very much.

HE. DIDN'T. CHEAT. ON. ME.

I felt relieved. The girl stood up and offered her hand. "I'm Miles, by the way. It was a pleasure interviewing you guys and I hope you visit Amsterdam again soon." I shook her hand pero di ko napigilan at niyakap ko siya.

"Thank you so much."

"No problem, Kath. Now, the picture..." We snapped the picture and then she left. Walang tao sa backstage kundi ako, at yung Parking 5. All the crew and staff were fixing our itinerary for tomorrow. At yung iba fina-finalize yung hotel. Celestine was out buying dinner and she said there's too many paps outside that we can't go. The 4 boys were squished together on the other couch samantalang kami ni DJ, nasa magkabilang dulo.

"Kath. Sorry." The 4 boys said in chorus.

"Ako, muna." JC said raising his hand. "Sorry, Kath. Sobrang naawa lang ako ditto sa pinsan ko. This is the first time that I've seen him smitten by a girl. And he was so far away from you. I didn't know what I was thinking. I'm sorry."

"Ako naman." Seth adjusted on his seat and sighed. "Wala naman akong masyadong imik dito pero inaamin ko na isa ako sa mga taong nagpush sakanya kay Miles. Malay ko bang may trabaho pala yungtao at hindi stripper. Pero bukod dun, sorry kasi parang natraydor kita. Pero kasi kung nakikita mo lang si DJ, araw-araw siyang nagmo-mope around sa tour bus or sa plane. Iyak, kain, kanta tulog lang siya. Sorry, Kath."

"O'sya ako muna." Lester looked at me genuinely. "I wanted them to stop when JC came up with the plan but then I looked at DJ, tapos malungkot. Nangangayayat. He couldn't talk to you kasi travel ka din ng travel at Malabo yung timezones niyo. He misses you so much and he worries nab aka nga may magustuhan ka ng iba. Lalo na't, that Dom Roque's trying to make it big in this industry. So, I agreed. I'm sorry."

"Bunso, I love you." Katsumi said. Tapos ayun, naiyak na ko. Loko kasi to. Hindi ko naman matitiis yan. Yan siguro yung first time na matagal kaming di nagusap. "Sorry. Kapatid na kita and I want to see you happy. But then I look at these 4 idiots, and I realize that they're also the brothers God forgot to give me. And I want them to be happy too. And DJ, Dj's just—"

"Tumahimik nga kayo para na kong babae sa mga description niyo eh." Naiinis na sabi ni DJ sabay walk out. Lahat kami nakatingin lang sa pintuan. Pero bumukas ulit, at this time kasama na niya si ate Celestine.

"SABI KO WALANG LALABAS DIBA?!" She shouted. But then she looked at the state of the 6 of us and she placed the food on the table.

"Eh parang tanga tong apat eh." Sabi ni DJ sabay turo sa apat.

"Lasing ka na naman ba, Daniel John?" Ate Celestine. "Hoy, kayo anong ginawa niyo dito?" Parang nanay talaga tong si ate Celestine.

"Eh kasi sinabi lang naman naming kay Kath yung mgapagiyak niya."
"Sinabi naming kay Kath na sobrang nadepress kasi namimiss siya tapos pati alak tinatanggihan."
"Kinwento lang naming kay Kath na kami may kasalanan kung bakit kasi nga wala siyang ginawa kundi magkulong."
"Sinabi lang naming kay Kath yung pangungulila niya."

At ayun, mas lalong nainis si DJ. With matching padyak ng paa at gulo sa buhok niya he groaned and pointed to the four.

"ATE CELESTINE OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" DJ. But Ate Celestine just laughed.

"Totoo naman eh. Asus." Ate Celestine laughed at them and she winked at me tapos kumain na kami. Honestly? Kahit hindi ako nagsasalita dito, I felt relieved with all that I've found out. Para bang nasagot lahat ng tanong ko. Everyone was eating their rice in a box food when I smelled something. Something like shrimp. I looked round, and saw Dj with his chopsticks in between was a shrimp. I instinctively, swatted his hand tapos lahat nagulat sa ginawa ko. "Kathryn." Ate Celestine said in her scolding tone.

"Allergic ka sa shrimp." I said as a matter of factly. DJ shrugged and picked up the shrimp that was on the floor and put it in his mouth. "ANO BA DANIEL JOHN. GUSTO MO BANG ATAKIHIN KA NG ASTHMA AT ALLERGY HA?! WAG MO LULUNUKIN YAN, UUPAKAN TALAGA KITA." HE stopped chewing. Binaba niya yung rice in a box nya tapos susubo pa ng isang shrimp pero tinulak ko na yung box nya kaya natapon. "Spit it out." I said sa shrimp na nasa bibig nya. But he stubbornly shook his head. "Daniel John, I swear to God if you don't spit that one out and you get asthma and allergies I am never going to get back with you." Everyone stopped eating. I mean, oo, pinapanuod nila kami kanina pero ngayon, nakatingin na lang sila samin dahil nagulat sila sa sinabi ko. Mismong ako, nagulat sa sinabi ko. Nakakaloka. I stepped back dahil gusto kong sampalin yung sarili ko sa sinabi ko. DJ was wide-eyed but his face slowly turned into a smile. He ran to the nearest garbage can as he spat his shrimp. He grinned at me widely as he walked back. He threw away his rice in a box and drank water.

"So, are you getting back together with me now?" He asked.

Oh boy.

  *

twitter: @ninadecastro_ (tweet me! and follow)

tumblr: nina-decastro.tumblr.com

snapchat: ninaaadecastro