Chapter 2

Chapter 2, Always;

I put on a simple dress for my event today, I am so excited that three of my artwork is going on— I just can't wait to see it on the wall.

;

"Leilani Johnson?" The manager of the place came up to me, he took a long look at me.

"You look like one of the basketball player's daughter." He says, he then let out a laugh and shook his head.

"Nope, I am wrong but— You have three artworks." He confirms with me, and I simply nodded.

After an hour, people started walking in and taking pictures.

I stare at my works for a very, very long time... I don't understand my own works.

"Hi, may I ask if you're Leilani Johnson?" I turn around and almost fell back.

"Oh my god!" Jake put his arm behind my back, and caught me before i fall.

"Oh my god, hi." My eyes widened, "hi, you look amazing after three years." He says, staring into my eyes.

He got me back on my feet, "you still look very pretty."

"Yeah she does," Olly push him aside and gave me a big hug.

"Leilani! You need to cook for us again." He says and I laughed.

Then my eyes met with someone familiar, Evan.

I pulled away and saw the girls basketball team.

My vision then became blurry, "you guys... I haven't see you guys in three years."

"Aww," Nate pulled me into a hug.

"You're still so pretty," Danielle pinch my cheeks.

»

"Have a boyfriend?" Nate ask.

"Nope." I answered.

"How's your basketball career?" Bonnie ask, and I froze.

I look down at my dinner, "going nowhere."

It's like I have disappointed them— after being honored MVP, I didn't continue to pursue basketball.

"What does that mean?" Olly raises his eyebrows at me.

"I am not in any basketball team," I put down my knife and fork.

"For women like me, how far will basketball bring me? Tell me. In a world like this, WNBA is so underrated. I can't survive, even though it's my love and passion—"

"How would you know if you hadn't tried?" Jake mutters out.

"I tried out for MMA and I am going into their gym later this month." I say quickly in a very low tone.

"That's crazy, Johnson." Evan stated.

"I have a letter from WNBA willing to accept me into the league." I then say.

"So you have to choose— That's easy, Johnson. You have loved basketball all your life!" Danielle exclaims.

I simply kept my mouth shut, and let everyone of us keep up with each other.

Even the news of Evan getting married came up.  

I was surprised, it shocked me a little.

All I know is that, he fell in love with the girl the moment he laid his eyes on her.

Funny.

Years ago, i would avoid his eyes. But once I laid my eyes on him, I know... I know that I would fall in love with him.

And that was what happened.

I have never met Zelda before, but I am sure she's gorgeous.

;

One by one, everyone starts to bid each other goodbye. Exchanged their numbers with me again, and left.

I look at Jake, "don't you wanna go home?"

"I want to make sure you get home safe." He says, and I smiled and nodded.

"Why did you wanna come to Chicago?" I ask as we walk by the beach, feeling the breeze from the sea.

I want to walk on the beach.

"We all missed you," Jake breathes out.

I took out my flats, and held it in my hands.

"Come walk on the beach with me," I say excitedly and step on the soft sand.

Jake chuckles lightly, Leilani... I lied to you.