It felt like forever they stood there, listening to each other's breathing. But of course, time wasn't on their side and the two needed to ready themselves for leaving the Institute.

"What's your relationship with Clary?" Jace asked Isaac once the two were done dressing themselves. The curly haired boy let out a laugh, causing the platinum blonde to look at him confused. "What?"

"You want to know if we're dating." He smiled, "We're not, she is a single Pringle who is very likely to mingle with anyone named Jace Wayland. And well, it's just your luck that that's your name!"

Walking into the room with everyone else, Isaac went to stand next to Clary, something he had always done. Simon joined them, looking anxiously to see if anyone was listening.

"Let's get out of here, just you and me," he whispered to Clary who looked at him warily. "We can get Dot ourselves."

"Just so you know," Isaac leaned in towards the Lewis boy, scaring him slightly, "that is a terrible idea."

"Simon, Isaac is right. Plus, there are demons out there, okay? Actual demons with tentacles that wanna murder us. Do you know how to kill a demon?" Clary didn't want to hurt Simon, but she knew that this was the only choice for them. This was the only way she could get her mother back.

"It's an Internet search away," Simon tried to persuade her, really wanting to leave Jace, and hopefully Isaac, behind.

"Simon, I really don't think it's that simple," the redhead said, silently pleading for him to be quiet and understand. Isaac whispered into Clary's ear, "It really isn't."

"I bet you it's not that hard." The Lewis boy was about to speak again, to try and reason with Clary, but Jace spoke.

"Whoa, no Izzy." The Wayland opened himself up to the rest of them, seeing the outline of Alec walking in here, "Fifty bucks says he doesn't approve this mission."

Alec stopped in front of them, silently taking count of the people before speaking, "I don't approve this mission."

"Wow, really? I could have never guessed," sarcasm dripped from Isaac's words, creating a pool on the floor as everyone else rolled their eyes at his comment.

"I spoke with the Clave. They're sending Seelie scouts to search for Valentine, but they made it clear, the little girl does not leave the premises."

"Hey, my name is not 'little girl', okay?" Clary broke in, angry that someone wasn't allowing her to find her mother.

"To Alec, it might as well be," Isaac sent an innocent smile to the Fray girl, who was as red as a Red Hot. The tension was thick and whenever that happened, Isaac always tried to clear it up - but this time it didn't seem to be working.

"I don't care what that Clave thing or you want, I'm going to find Dot." The girl said defiantly, not taking no for an answer.

"Alec," Jace looked at his parabatai, "this warlock could have the answers we need. With Valentine's people out there searching for Clary, she's not safe outside alone."

"Jace has a point," Isabelle agreed with the blonde Shadowhunter, slightly guilty that she was sticking up against her brother.

Alec turned to her with disappointment written on his forehead, "You too, Izzy?" He looked around at all their faces before cracking, "All right, since you have all the answers, where do you suggest we search?"

"We should start at Dot's apartment in Greenpoint, and there's this thrift store that she..." Clary let out a gasp as she touched the necklace that Jocelyn gave her, startling everyone. She stood there for long seconds with this face of shock and surprise, not lightning the situation at all.