The Avengers X Reader: Halloween

This wasn't your first holiday with the whole team so you weren't really surprised when it quickly got out of hand. You expected the yelling and laughing, even the mess that would get cleaned the next day. But you never thought you would end the night hanging upside down with Clint.

It started early in the day when you convinced everyone to have a pumpkin carving contest. They weren't keen on just carving, but when Tony suggested it be competitive everyone was all for it. While Tony and Bruce went to get the pumpkins you started making various flavored pies.

After pushing Clint away from the chocolate for the fifth time you forbade him to step foot onto the tile and threatened to take away his whipped topping privileges. He stalked off muttering that you were on his top 5 enemy list. You simply roll your eyes as you put the pumpkin pies into the oven.

It wasn't much longer that Tony and Bruce came back and dropped the pumpkins to the table. Natasha gathered an array of knives and you upped the competition to having a 30 minute grace period to carve the best pumpkin.

"Wait. What does the winner get?" Tony asked as Steve was about to start the timer.

"Bragging rights." Natasha said from her end of the table. She stood poised with knife in hand and looked ready to murder the pumpkin before her.

"Wait." You said this time right before Steve hit the timer. He looked at you expectantly as you looked at all the orange before everyone on the table. "Shouldn't we gut them then set the timer?" You voice aloud noting that you have the biggest pumpkin.

"No." Steve stated and hit the start button as he shouted to 'get carving'.

You groan and stab the top of your pumpkin violently already counting it as a loss.

"Guess you should have thought of that before your greedy hands grabbed that one huh?" Clint challenged from across the table already digging out seeds.

You make a face and flick a seed at him and watch it bounce off his nose. "You're a good one to speak greedy fingers." You refer to him and the pies earlier. He made a face but a horrified Thor cut in before he could say anything.

"WHY ARE YOU MURDERING THESE THINGS AND SPEWING THEIR GUTS ON THE TABLE?!"

"Thor's home!" Natasha called not looking at the man watching with a horrified expression.

"They're just pumpkins Thor. They arnt alive and you make faces on them." You explain and dodge goop that Clint threw at you as he snickered.

Slamming the knife into your pumpkin you scoop a large handful of slimy stringy pumpkin insides and threw it at Clint. However, you aim was way off and splattered onto Tony's chest and he looked at you surprised.

"I didn't do anything to you!" He shouted irritated. "My favorite white shirt." He proceeded to mutter.

"Done!" Natasha shouted holding her pumpkin up victoriously while we all stared at her incredibly annoyed.

"Keep going!" Steve suddenly shouted as he tore back into his pumpkin with 10 minutes left.

"Why do you look so nervous Y/N?" Clint taunted before slamming down his knife. "Done!"

A groan escaped as you cut a jagged eye out of the face. You didn't bother answering Clint but shoot him a 'go jump off the roof' look.

You were vaguely aware of someone talking to Thor about judging them since he wasn't here to participate. The timer went off and someone yelled to drop the knives just as you finished the glare of your pumpkin. You take a step back and glance around realizing how bad yours look compared to everyone else's.

"Okay. Everyone back from the table while Thor judges." Tony said putting the pumpkins in a line at random so he didn't know who did what.

You turned around to see Clint shoving some of the chocolate pie in his mouth. His eyes widened when they met your blazing e/c ones.

"CLINTON BARTON YOU PUT THAT PIE DOWN RIGHT NOW!" You shout dodging across the island that separated you. He dropped the pie onto the counter and took off going to higher ground.

After a short chase you end up on the roof rolling across the hard surface wrestling with the blonde below you. He took off for the door to go downstairs and you watch a rope that was tangled around him from rolling on the roof tighten around his feet. He tripped and stumbled right over the edge of the tower.

You can't stop the laugh knowing that the rope was secure to the building and Clint wouldn't fall far. You just weren't ready to be yanked across the roof and right off the edge and dangle upside down right beside Clint who is red faced.

A sigh escapes your lips as your arms dangle above your head and you take in the tangled and knotted rope around your waist and Clint feet. Swaying slightly you bring your hands to your hips and glare at Clint.

"I blame you." He said first grinning, clearly entertained. "You're the one that tackled me on the roof."

"You're the one that ran to the roof of all places. Couldn't you lock yourself in a bathroom like a normal person?" You laugh and shake your head. There was a knocking sound behind you and with some twisting and shaking you were able to turn and see Tony holding his pumpkin up at us yelling that he had won from the other side of the window. I rolled my eyes and looked back at Clint who had his arms crossed.

"Just come get us before the blood rushes to our heads!" You yell at Tony who sauntered away proudly.