Gentle rain of plastic tiny balls

That night Cedric went asleep taking the bowl close to him. In the morning he could not believe the object was still there. Everything that happened was real, even Goldmouth wanting his crystals.

"Damn it." He said jumping from the place he was sleeping. He massaged his back a little, then used some matches to light up a small fire. He opened the door of his workshop and he saw the two suns in the cloudless sky raising up. He breathed loudly and went back inside to prepare his breakfast. He took some herbs from a wooden box, he smelled them and he put into boiling water.

After he prepared his backpack he moved outside closing the little shop. He was holding the tiny dark object in his hands and decided to take it with him. The quantity of crystals required was too much, but if he managed to take some, maybe he could have had a better chance to save Ruth.

Walking in the dirty street, he passed by the old temple of forgotten ways. Clouds were gathering fast and Cedric felt some drops on his head.

"Great!" He said to himself.

The drops fall became more intense and he moved inside the tall building, he just passed.

"Good morning!" He said a shaved, bold man from the top of the stairs.

"We were waiting for you."

Cedrid looked around. When he understood he was talking to him, he pointed his finger on his chest.

"Me?"

The monk bowed down. Cedric moved upstairs deciding to follow that intriguing suggestion. The more he walked up the more he could hear the sound of rain inside the building. When he reached the last floor he found out that the noise of rain he heard was tennis table balls knocking on the wood. There were at least twenty monks playing ping pong. Cedric opened his mouth and stared at the scene. An older monk was sat in the middle of the room under a fluffy red pillow. The monk to Cedric's left invited him to sit. The young man left the packpack on his right and sat.

" I dreamed about a threat that would be coming over us. An avalanche that will destroy the city."

"What does it have to do with me?" He replied.

"By the gear you are wearing, it seems you're going uphill."

" Actually I am but there is no snow on the mountain now."

" I know. That is why the avalanche is coming."

"What do you mean?" Cedric answered scratching his head.

"You'll see by yourself. Let's play now."He said standing up and taking his paddle from under his clothes.

The monks gave Cedric a paddle  and they started playing.

"Ground your feet and move them like you were dancing." He said turning three hundred sixty degrees and hitting the plastic ball with a soft and delicate spin.

The ball bounced and the moved suddenly on the right falling down. The monks laughed.

"How did you managed to do that?"

"All about illusion." He replied smiling.

"Concentrate."

Cedric moved his legs wider took a deep breath and closed his eyes. When he opened the time moved a little slower. He managed to answer to the offensive game the monk was giving to him. Finally the rain stopped.

"Your training has been successful." The long bearded monk said.

"Get ready for your journey ahead."

Cedric bowed down in sign of respect and left. He was almost at the end of the city ready for the climbing, but he remembered he had a question, so he moved back to the temple.

"I found an object very strange and I can't understand his use. It can't be melted and it keeps his temperature very low." He said handing the bowl.

"The only way to play table tennis correctly is to form a bond with the paddle. In order to do that you must keep it with you so you know the weight and the right use. Have faith. "