16; ✔️

16; argent
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE 💗

A YAWN ESCAPED NINA'S mouth as a bucket load of questions filled her mind. Should I do this? What will happen to everyone else? Will anyone need me? Why? And there was one simple answer to this. Yes, I have to do this because this is in the way of everything, why would anyone need me cause of my curse? Nothing will happen to anyone and why? Because this my only chance to figure it out, figure why this was happening.

You see, Nina here was throwing her belongings into her bags in the middle of night with a sleepy mind. Her eyes were puffy from crying, the sound of a bag being closed echoed in the silent Institute. Her sneakers banged against the floor escaping to her bedroom window. The wind blew her blonde hair that cascaded down her shoulder whilst her attempts at throwing her heavy bags down was easy as a eating a piece of cake.

Her duffel bag was strapped onto her shoulders, ready to escape into the depths of the world. And with one swift move, she jumped.

• • •

She was lost, completely lost. Like a puppy looking for it's home. Except Nina wasn't. She was running away from her home. She ran to the point where she didn't even know where she was. She could've still be in Manhattan or she could've been somewhere in the depths of New York.

Lights flashed while Nina ran, it nearly felt as if she was going into a time traveling machine. Or it was just that she was running so fast. She slowed her pace, her breathing heavy as Nina passed various branded stores. She wanted to let a scream out of her pink lips. But she was scared that if she did, who would Nina kill? Sure the curse was meant to kill the loved but wouldn't people still hear her?

Why was my life so hard? She asked herself, But here she was running like a coward, away from her problems. Pathetic. Suddenly she halted, banging into a large hard broad chest. Nina stumbled back clutching her head a bit dizzy. "I'm so sorry!" The stranger apologized, tugging at her sleeves as the busy streets of New Yorkers shoved past her.

"No, no. It fine." She smiled, her eyes widened as she looked at the male stranger. Runes covered him head to toe. "A shadowhunter." She breathed before she could stop the words coming out of her mouth. The stranger looked at her as if he was amused with her obviousness. Nina's blue eyes wandered to his hand that held a crossbow.

'Grant Argent' "A hunter?" She said arching a brow, the Argent family was the only family in history to be half shadowhunter with the Hunter bloodline in them. But only according to the books she had read, the Petrova's knew them. "Natalie?" Guess who just got mistaken for a doppelgänger.

"Uh, no. I'm Nina Kon-, uh Petrova. I'm the doppelgänger." She laughed nervously, rubbing her arm. His eyes widened as he smiled, "Well Miss. Petrova, mind telling me why your here in middle of these busy streets?"

"I'm going to lie and say I'm taking a walk." Nina rolled my eyes. Grant chuckled, "Well I'm going tell the truth and say your running away." He smirked, she forgot for a second that people are actually smart. Cause in this case, she nearly forgot he was a hunter. Hunters' senses are remarkable.

Her face paled, "What makes you say that?" She asked, nervously agitated. "Well, you're wearing a duffel bag full of arrows and weapons, your decked as if your moving to a apartment or something and your eyes are very puffy." Grant raised his eyebrow after observing Nina and her appearance.

"Oh well..." She trailed off, he was spot on. She didn't know what to say. "How 'bout I make a offer? I'll giving you some training lessons and help you out with your life if you promise that if I ever need your help once, you'll help me back. Only once you'll need to help me." Argent observed her face, looking for an answer.

A big smile graced her face as she nodded.

• • •

A few days later/ a week later. (I think.)

"Again!" He ordered. Nina sighed holding up her bow. She armed myself with the correct posture. She relaxed her shoulders as she let go of her silver arrow. The arrow split apart the previous arrow that had hit the bullseye as well. Grant walked up to my clapping. "See you've improved. Also meet up at 6:00 pm. We're doing 20 laps around the woods' border." He commanded, patting her back for luck.

She's been living? Yeah living with Grant for a few days or maybe even a week. Honestly she didn't know and care. He's trained Nina with her crossbow, now and arrow and guns. Basically the weaponry equipment. She had told him about the curse also explaining there was no early cure for it. Grant sadly had been trying to make her fitness levels go higher.

Practically at the end of each day, she'd come home with bruises, scratches, cuts and very very sore muscles. Head to toe. Nina didn't know when she was coming back to the Institute. But she sure the hell knew it would be soon. She couldn't help but feel like something's happening, something that someone doesn't want to get into. Only the matter of time could tell.

• • •

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE 💗