Drunk Company

"I won't be back too late." In a hurry Matthew stepped towards Blair and kissed her quickly. She rised an eyebrow at his words.

"Are you sure? The last time you said that you were home at six in the morning!" A smirk had appeared on Blair's lips, she hadn't been able to hide it. Matthew bit his lips.

"Yeah, I know...but it won't be like that this time, I promise, babe!" He kissed her once more before he rushed out of the door and Blair was left alone in the house in which she and him lived.

Well, she was curious if Matthew would come back home from that party earlier than the last time. She had been falling asleep waiting for him the last time and was awake again just when he'd came back home – the sun had been rising already again when he'd stepped through the door.

Blair sighed and went to the living room to watch some TV. Her favorite show was on tonight and since Matthew was gone she really looked forward to watch it without him distracting her or beef about how boring it was. She snuggled under the fluffy blanket she kept on the couch and turned on the TV.

Three hours later it was almost midnight and Blair had fallen asleep before she had been able to turn the TV off. She sighed in her sleep and turned around; just to wake up immediately because she almost fell from the couch.

"Damn..." Blair sat up again and let her fingers run through her hair. She turned the TV off and got up slowly. She was incredibly tired and decided to take a shower – she hadn't showered yet and she hated to go to bed without showering. A look on her phone told her that there were no messages or calls from Matthew. Well, Blair was sure he was having fun with his colleagues from Criminal Minds and she was okay with him going out without her.

She just hadn't felt like going out tonight and since Matthew hadn't seen Paget in months, Blair hadn't wanted to spoil this for him just because she wasn't in the mood to go out tonight.

~

After a long shower Blair felt a bit more awake again and went to the kitchen to get herself something to drink. It was after midnight right now and there was still no Matthew. She didn't worry about that though, whenever he went to a party – which didn't happen often, thank god – he came back really late. Or should she say early?

With one of her books she settled down on the couch again and started to read. She really wanted to stay awake until Matthew was back. She hated to go to bed and fall asleep without him. And this already happened a lot anyway due to Matthew's job.

Unfortunately, Blair's will wasn't as strong as her tiredness and soon she fell back asleep again, with the book laying on her chest.

Only a loud noise woke her up again and she winced. "What the hell...", she murmured and sat up, watching the book falling from her chest and landing on the living room floor. The noise came from the corridor; she could hear it. Frowning she got up and slowly made her way to the sound source.

"Matthew? Paget?" Blair's eyes widened when she realized that it was her boyfriend and the dark haired actress, that were standing there in the corridor.

"Hey, Blair", Paget smiled at her, an arm wrapped around Matthew's waist. "I'm sorry, we wanted to be quiet, but...Mister Gubler doesn't seem to be able to be quiet anymore." She glanced up to him. Matthew grinned sappily at her and then at Blair.

"You're drunk". It wasn't a question but a statement. Blair sighed. He hadn't been drunk in ages she guessed.

Matthew made a duck face and frowned. He looked like he was thinking really hard. "Mmmmmmaybe", he then said and tried to shrug, but at that moment Paget had let go of him and he started to sway.

"Woah!" Blair wrapped her arms around him now to give him some hold. "Thank you, Paget", she smiled at her and Paget smiled back.

"Have fun with that drunk goofball", she giggled and then left. As soon as the door was closed, Blair tried to tow her boyfriend towards the bedroom. But he refused to follow her.

"What's the matter?", she asked, looking up at him. Matthew sighed. "I...don' wan' go to bed", he mumbled.

"Well, I thought about putting you under a cold shower first, maybe that'd get you sober a bit", Blair said as she started to walk along the corridor once again.

"You gon' jjjjoin me in there?" On Matthew's face there was an incredibly big grin, but that faded immediately as Blair shook her head.

"Nope, I won't join you. I don't wanna stand in the shower with you being drunk, dear. Oh, come on, if you keep making one step forward and two steps back, it'll take us forever to get to the bathroom!", she exclaimed as she lurched together with Matthew because he had been making steps backwards.

"''m sorrrrrry", he mumbled again but his facial expression told Blair otherwise.

"Okay, come on you drunk dork." She pushed him into the bathroom, turned on the shower and then waited for him to get undressed. Well, in the end she had to help him because he had trouble getting out of his shirt.

"Blair...I cannnnn't get outta that", Matthew whined after some minutes and with a sigh she stepped to him and grabbed the hem of his shirt to pull it over his head. He struggled once more and Blair bit her lips so she wouldn't laugh.

Although it was in the middle of the night and Blair wished for nothing more than to be in bed fast asleep, she had to smirk at her boyfriend. He was annoying but sometimes also adorable when he was drunk.

"You still not showering wi' me?", he started another try to convince her to join him. She shook her head once more.

"Nope. Get in now." She waited for him to finally step into the shower and then sat down on the toilet lid. There was no way she would leave Matthew alone. She could never know if he'd drown in the shower in the state he was right now.

~

Forty-five minutes later Blair had managed to get her boyfriend into the bedroom. But now he was refusing to sleep. "I'm no' tired, let's cuddle", Matthew said and wrapped his arms around Blair, his face buried in her neck. He smelled of Whiskey and she wrinkled her noise, gently pulling him away.

"Matthew...we can cuddle when we lay in bed, okay?", she tried once again, grabbing his arm and gently putting him down on the mattress. He looked up to her with his brown eyes, looking like a little puppy and Blair couldn't help but smile at him.

When he had finally settled under the duvet, she joined him and he immediately wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer. She snuggled into his embrace and closed her eyes. Blair hoped, when she could fall asleep soon, he'd do the same. She was exhausted and soon the sun would rise again. This would be a short night; she was sure about this.

"Blair?", Matthew's voice sounded from somewhere above Blair's head.

"Hm?"

"Sorry. I-m...drunk bbbbut...I lovvvv you", he murmured and she chuckled and let her fingers run through his messy and still a bit wet hair.

"I love you too, Matthew. Now get some sleep or for god's sake I'm gonna slap you."