Philosophy I - Softness

I personally believe that the most beautiful things in life carry a certain softness to them. Not in regards to texture, but more of a feeling. A feeling that is difficult to put into words. Imagine a sunset, but not one with oranges and yellows. More of blue and pink hues, with fuzzy clouds. The kind that make you a little bit sleepy when you look at them, but in a calming way. Another example would be rain. Not the thundering kind, but the gentle kind. The kind that pitter patters at your window, and makes you want to light up a candle. The kind that leaves small puddles and the smell of fresh rain. I view fall as the best season for all things soft. The leaves just make the Earth seem human, like the Earth is going through a very important change. Like leaves falling off, we struggle to find purpose, but every once in a while, you just need to shed your leaves and grow some new ones. Forests are very soft. There's just something about them that's indescribable. The way the light filters through the leaves, creating a pattern of sunshine that dapples the ground. The quietness of it espically. It leaves you at a feeling of peace with no outside distractions from the world.

But with all soft things, there must also be harsh things. Metals are harsh, due to their cold and shiny nature. Bright things are most certainly not soft, contrary to popular belief. Beaches are in the middle, so it depends on the conditions. A beach with palm trees and a burning sun is very much the opposite of soft. But little beach huts on the shore on a cloudy day are absolutely beautiful. Oranges and yellows are harsh colors, and the same goes for all neon colors. Most music isn't soft. The thrumming of the bass and thundering beats make a person feel on edge, which can be a good thing, but not in this case. Most soft music will consist of light guitars and deep lyrics that really makes you think.

In terms of softness, it can be found almost anywhere in nature But finding it in humans can be a bit harder. See, humans have so many different parts to them. And in most cases, people present different sides to different people. A person cannot simply be one thing, but many different things that come together to make a complex whole. But with that being said, softness is very plain to see in a person, as long as you know where to look. They will carry themselves in a certain way. Not with long confident strides, but with small footsteps, almost as if they are gliding. They speak a certain way as well. Soft and well pronunciated, like each words carrying it's own meaning and importance. When they talk, you stop and listen. Sadly, softness is not something a person can simply gain. It's a blessing that few people are born with, and many envy. Softness is the most beautiful concepts come to life in a gentle, mesmoeizing fashion that can make anyone feel whole and at peace.