Chapter Four

You awoke with a start, gasping quietly, as you recovered from a nightmare. Robin still slept soundly next to you, his arms wrapped around your torso hugging you to his body. Taking a moment to enjoy his embrace you wriggled free of his arms. You slipped quietly from the room and the only sound in the house was the pitter patter of your bare feet on the floor. You checked on each of the titans. Raven slept soundlessly while quiet music played next to her bed, you smiled gently and closed her door. Beast Boy sprawled on his floor, only feet from his bed, snoring loudly. His game controller was still in his hands. His room it's usual mess, you stepped over piled clothes and pizza boxes before arriving at the teen. You smiled and tugged the remote from his hands. Saving the game you plugged in the controller. The game was done so you turned off the system and switched off the TV. You exited the room with a quiet chuckle and moved onto Cyborg's room.

You cracked open the door to find Cyborg awake and working. "(Y/N)?" You responded with opening the door and closing it back before smiling at the older male. "Hey Cy. What are you doing up?" Your voice barely above a whisper. The corners of his mouth perked up. " I could ask you the same" Your face flushed " I woke up and decided to check on you all, I do it most nights." His face softened. "You're like the mother here aren't you?" You blushed again. "Yeah I guess so, it's just I've already lost one family. I'm not gonna lose another." He sighed quietly at turned around " I'll let you get back to that I'm just working out some wiring issues." You smiled and exited soundlessly.

Your quiet steps approached Star's room. Exhaling you entered the room careful not to make any noise. She might freak out and attack. Star slept soundlessly, smiling in her sleep. Her pet, Silky, stared at you while you walked through Star's room. Her window was open and the wind blew peacefully through the room. Sighing you exited the room quietly and quickly as you had come.

Your steps echoed through the main room as you approached the kitchen. A midnight snack of sweet tea and cake was on your mind. The clock glowed 04:36 in bright green numbers. Military time, Robin lived on it. " Still up?" It was Cyborg's voice. "Jesus man don't do that" you whisper yelled. "Yeah I'm still awake, it's snack time." you chuckled afterwards. You gathered your snack and sat across from Cyborg, munching down on the cake and taking occasional sips of tea. Cyborg smiled and stood to leave. "Goodnight (y/n)" you smiled softly "Goodnight Cy" With that he was gone. You cleaned up your snack and padded back to your room. Robin hadn't moved from his spot. His arms wandered though, looking for your body. You returned to your spot, Robin's arms found you quickly and pulled you close.