Runaway

Tiger swirled his drink as he watched the intense stare down between Leyla and his buddy J. Things were getting good and his plan was working.
He decided to chime in to ease the tension.

"Leyla, come on sweetheart, you know how much J cares about ya," Tiger said in as earnest a voice as possible.

"Oh please Tiger, this coming from the man who told me that I deserved better than J?" Leyla scoffed.

The Joker slowly turned to face Tiger.

Tiger shook his head calmly. "Did I say that Leyla? Did I really?"

The Jokers deathly gaze was fixed on Tiger.

"How do I know you're not just mad at the fact that since I came to town, my buddy J has been paying attention to me a lot more than you?" Tiger asked

Leyla grit her teeth as she reached to her waist and brought a gun up to Tiger.
"Is that any way to thank me Leyla? For giving you the care you deserved? The care you needed?" Tiger asked mockingly.

Leyla cocked her gun.

"What should I thank you for? Trying to manipulate me or trying to play the Joker for a fool?" Leyla asked still aiming her gun at him.

"Ah I get it. So you're so pissed at the fact that we were messing around with strippers that you are going as far to break up my long term friendship with J?" Tiger chuckled as he inched closer to Leyla, walking past the Joker.

"You know Leyla, coming between a man and his friend is one thing but coming between two gangsters..." he reached his hand out about to grip Leyla's throat until he heard a gun drawn behind him.

The Joker had his arm stretched aiming straight for Tigers head. "One more move and your brains will taste the marble."

The Joker let out his signature laugh as he pictured the image, cocking his gun.

Tiger chuckled and moved away, walking slowly towards the door.

"Think about my offer J," he said as he looked at Leyla menacingly and slowly strolled out the door.

Leyla looked up at the Joker, his blue orbs pulling her in.