"There's an extra under the sink you can have if it bugs you that much," Tony said, leaning down in front of the cabinet under the sink. He stood back up and held out a packaged toothbrush to me. I looked down at it and then back up at Tony, "Or you could continue to go without a toothbrush," Tony pulled it back. I reached out and grabbed it from him quickly.

     "No, no! I'll take it!" I said. Tony smirked over at me as he reached for his own toothbrush. We brushed our teeth in silence, Tony nudging me every once and a while.

     "Alright babe, we should really get going before Fury blows a gasket," Tony wrapped his arm around my waist after we finished brushing our teeth. He led me through the apartment again and over to the elevator.

     "What do you think Fury wants with me?" I asked nervously, fidgeting with the hem of Tony's shirt. When I looked down at my hands, the black marks on my arms caught my eye. I rubbed my hands along my arm nervously. Tony reached over lightly and gripped my hand in his to stop its nervous motions. I glanced over at Tony. His eyes were gentle and reassuring. He squeezed my hand lightly.

     "Don't worry so much sweetheart. Fury needs you, he's not gonna do anything to you," Tony assured, pressingly my fingers to his lips.

     "But he said he could put me in jail for no reason..." I trailed off, biting my lip. The anxiety felt heavy in my chest. My fingers tightened around Tony's unintentionally as I thought about it.

     "Hey, hey babe, look at me," Tony cooed, stepping in front of me. He gripped my arms in his hands and leaned down to look into my eyes, "Fury's not gonna do anything to you. He can't. Not only does he need you, no one will let him. No one. Steve and Thor are too righteous for that. Clint, Nat, Sam, Banner, and even Rhodey all like you too much to let him get away with that. Especially not Bucky, he's sweet on you," there was a flicker of something in his eyes that was gone as soon as it appeared, "But sweetheart, no one as fierce as me. I will not let him do anything to you. I won't let anyone do anything to you. Ever," his hands came up to cup my face in them. I threw my arms around his neck and pulled him against me to hide my face from him.

     "Thank you Tony," I whispered into his shoulder. Tony pressed a kiss to my temple.

     "No problem Lucy," he muttered back. The elevator dinged and we parted to exit the elevator. Tony's hand pressed in between my shoulders lightly to guide me to Fury's meeting room. It was the same room I first met Fury in except there weren't any extra workers milling around. It was Fury and the Avengers that sat around the table when Tony and I entered and no one else. I felt every pair of eyes flick from me then back to Tony.

     "It's about damn time you two showed up," Fury said, crossing his arms and leaning back annoyed.

     "Well, I was doing this thing called sleeping, it's quite common at 7am, believe it or not," Tony snarked back. Fury's jaw flinched and he flicked his eye over and leveled a hard glare at me.

     "What's your excuse doctor?" he asked. Annoyance quelled in my chest at him. What was I? His personal dog to be called on whenever he pleased?

     "I had kind of a rough night yesterday. And every time we seem to get together, awful things happen to me. Excuse me for being a bit slow and reluctant to join," I shot back. The heroes around the table glanced back at Fury to see his reaction. Fury's face remained frozen and unmoved though his eye narrowed slightly at me.

     "Sit down Stark so we can begin," Fury motioned to the only remaining empty chair at the table with his chin. Tony glanced at me before taking the seat and sitting stiffly.