My Lover's a Killer {DirkJake}

A/N- This is not Mari. This is her sister. I am using her account because I can't seem to remember my password for my own account. Anyways, this is really the first fanfiction I really ever wrote. So just insert some cheesy shit here about no hate. Blah blah, hope you enjoy!

~~..~~..~~..~~..~~..~~..
He hissed as a spot of blood was still clear on his dress shirt, he'd have to slip it under the suit coat when he got there. The Emerald Terror he was known as, infamous for executing kills with the utmost precision and class, leaving not a trace of evidence, not a damn thing except a small green crystal skull pinned at the entry point of gunshot. However, tonight he was particularly sloppy, doing the worst job since he started out; he couldn't help it, he couldn't keep his mind on track or stop thinking about the absolutely dashing robotics engineer whom he had the honor of dining with tonight. He only hoped that honor was still available. The sharp and cold "Hello" from the other line caused Jake's heart to beat incredibly fast, faster than he'd ever experienced on the job. Feeling his throat go dry, he swallowed hard and mustered up the courage to speak. "Please don't hang up Strider...listen I know you must be undoubtedly infuriated and I don't blame you for one second. I'm only 5 minutes away and I ensured our table is still available...I-I'll make it up to you I promise, dinner is on me okay...". He felt a bead of sweat trickle down his face as he witnessed police car after police car scout the streets, their presence would be prominent tonight and he'd have to be exceptionally careful.

Dirk sighed as he still sat in his car. "Fine. But if you're not here in less than 10 minutes I'm leaving." He said, looking out the window. With that, hung up and slipped his phone into his pocket, leaning back in his seat and waited for Jake. 'This is bullshit.' Dirk thought to himself 'almost a fucking hour late.' He took another deep sigh and looked outside the window, wondering when his date would be here

Jake pulled up at the front of The Wanderers hotel, thank god he owned part of the place or else he would never have been able to keep the seats. Good to have pull in the watering hole as they say.He was exactly 8 minutes in as he spotted a familiar blond figure sitting begrudgingly in his vehicle. Waiting not a moment longer Jake ran up and tapped on the window screen, slightly frightening the other and causing him to giggle, albeit straightening up immediately once he sore the angry scowl on his face, Jake could tell he was not going to be let off easy. Thankfully for him, he bought a bouquet of orange roses that he got dyed personally on the way over. "Good evening Dirk...you have my deepest apologies for being late". He rubs the back of his head nervously and presents the flowers to the other. "Please take these as an apology... I can fully sympathize with you if you want to leave, but I would honestly be thrilled to spend tonight with you". He paused for a moment before speaking once more. "Orange is your favourite colour right?" Jake chuckled like a dweeb.

His frown deepened a bit but honestly he couldn't help but smile as he took the beautiful flowers from Jake. "Yes, orange is my favorite color. But you're gonna have to do better than that for me to completely forgive you." Dirk said somewhat jokingly as his mood all of a sudden got better. "And I'd rather stay here as we planned. I don't want the reservations to go to waste." He looked at Jake and took off his shades, tossing them into the crack of his car window. "So.. Shall we go in then?"

That little smile from the normally stoic and resistant Dirk Strider was enough to send his heart flying, this time in the best way possible. "Yes! oh good golly thank you!". He beamed, all of a sudden very excited for the night ahead, as well as grateful that Dirk was willing to give him a second chance. "You wont regret it I promise". Jake couldn't stop smiling as he walked the other inside, waiters immediately coming up to them and greeting them the moment they spotted Jake's face. "Well good evening English old buddy!". The head waiter beamed as he took the two upstairs to the balcony dining area. "For a moment there we thought you'd never show up, but hey you may be late but classy as ever nonetheless" he winked as he brought them to the table, a bottle of premium champagne and two glasses waiting for them. "I'll be back with menus you sly devil". He seated them and scooted off to work, leaving Jake alone with the other finally. It would be a grand time to get to know Dirk properly, outside of the engineering offices where all Jake would do was pester him to get a reaction, there was simply nothing cuter than a flustered Dirk Strider. "Do you like it Dirk?" Jake's eyes shone as he popped the cork and poured the blonde a flute full of bubbles. "We have this balcony all to ourselves".

Dirk was a bit jealous with the way the waiter had talked to Jake. So casually like that. Were they close? How long have they known each other? He decided to his dismiss it though and nodded a bit as he looked at Jake "yeah, it's really nice up here. Thanks for doing this with me, by the way." Dirk smiled faintly after he had finished speaking. Dirk had gotten somewhat annoyed with himself as those 2 questions kept coming back to him. He tried his hardest to not let his frustration show and tried to have a good time. Even though he was in a crabby mood at first, he was happy he got the opportunity to spend this time with Jake.