Safe haven

Sketch's POV:

We walked in the Mellow mushroom (restaurant) cautiously looking around for any hook tooths. I crept slowly around the corner with my knife raised up. One stood just about a meter away in a peaceful slumber, soon to be endless. I lunged forward kicking my feet into the back of its knees causing it to collapse against its own will. Bringing the knife around I slit it's throat in one fluid motion. Before it made an impact on the ground I caught it arm easing it down.

Ghost was just across the room checking for any unwanted pest.

"Clear!" He called out in a soft whisper acknowledging the fact there could be more over here. I looked around one last time for good measures.

"Clear!" My voice echoed of the wall in the kitchen causing me to lurch.

"So how bout I make us some pizza?" He cheered. "Don't worry, I've done this plenty of times." In that moment I think he was serious. Smiling he walked over to check the supply for ingredients. "What type of pizza

Would you like my love?" Searching the self he picked out specific ingredients.

"I would love some Hawaiian. Is there any pineapple left? Because that sounds really good right about now."

"Yeah." Picking it up he studied it making sure it was fresh. "Luckily it didn't spoil to quick, with good care of course." I watched as he sat it down by the other ingredients, adding to the mass.

"How long is this gonna take kitty? Im getting hungry." I reached down feeling my stomach growl. We hadn't eaten in a while and it had begun to have an effect.

***15 MINUTES LATER***

Ghost's POV:

I pulled the pizza out of the oven letting it sit for two minutes.

"It's ready buttercup." Proud of my self, I reached an arm around Sketch giving her a hug and an affectionate kiss.

"Looks lovely." Her gaze was fixed on the pizza. You could tell she wanted it just by her eyes. Her pretty brown eyes..

Slicing the pizza I handed it to her letting her choose her first piece.

For the next hour, we helped our selfs to delicious pizza. We told jokes, story's, and anything we thought was worth remembering. This place was like home to us, and somehow something a always had us coming back. It even seemed untouched by the hood tooths.